Chapter 32

There was only 2 weeks left of school and i honestly couldn't believe i had gotten through a whole school year, more or less. I couldn't believe it had been almost a year since I had come here, everything had happened so quickly, so much had changed and yet  Sokovia felt like centuries ago. But Pietro still felt like only yesterday. The vulture had been put in a high security prison and i had secretly hoped that Liz would have to move away, but i shook my head and reminded my self i had nothing against her. When i arrived at school on the monday after school, i tried to uphold that thought as she run up to Peter, jumping in his arms. "I don't have to move away!" She declared happily. "Really?" Peter asked. "Mom said we could stay so i can complete my SATS and spend the summer with my friends." She explained with glee. "That's great!" Peter exclaimed. Liz placed a kiss on his cheek and he stared at her with shock, a small smile growing on his face. "She says we might have to move away before senior year but i think i can convince her otherwise." She said. "Hopefully." Peter replied. "But just in case we will have to spend all of summer together." She placed another kiss on his cheek and i quietly snuck away. I had to focus on my SATS for the next two weeks so i didn't want anything to distract me. 

The first exam i sat was American History. I hadn't grown up in America, so I assumed that this would be difficult for me. But I found that a lot of the course for Junior year was focused on ww2, the Manhattan project rebirth. Which, luckily, Tony knew a lot about. I had discovered during the first few months of school that these two projects were headed by Howard Stark- my grandfather. I thought this would be a breeze and Tony would provide me with any information I needed but Tony didn't like to talk about his dad. And so I studied my textbook, highlighting anything I could find about Howard Stark and his work. Not just for school but for my own personal knowledge. I had an inner desire to find out who I was and i meticulously sifted through books of information trying to find it in my heritage. As I studied how my grandfather had used the super soldiers to try to defeat HYDRA i felt a strange affiliation with him. I wondered how he would feel if he knew his own granddaughter had been experimented on by the same group he tried to defeat. I also wondered if Howard Stark was still alive today, what would he see when he looked at me. Would he like me?   

I discovered during these exams that the red room had given me a lot more skills than I had realized. I could get through my foreign language exams easily- having been taught a multitude of languages relentlessly since the age of 8.  Similarly, my computer coding exam wasn't too difficult- i had been taught the skill of hacking into data bases at the age of 10. Of course Dreykov had ever intended for me to apply these skills in a high school exam paper.  My chemistry and physics exams were difficult but the hours listening to Tony's long monologues about quantum physics and chemical imbalances seemed to have paid off. The process of the examinations felt oddly similar to the endless assessments i had undertaken at the red room before they sent me out on missions. Because of this, I felt the same determination I had then to prove I was good enough. 

"How do you think all your exams went?" I asked Peter as we left school on the last day. Behind us, people cheered and spoke loudly about their plans for the summer. "I think they went ok, but i'm not sure." He replied. I'm sure he had done amazing, he was one of the smartest people i knew. "What about you?" He asked. I shrugged. "Considering my lack of traditional education before, I would say not bad. But it doesn't really matter for me as it does for you." I told him. "Why?" He asked. "Because you'll go to college and get a job and became a billionaire like my dad and then settle down." I explained. Peter frowned. "What do you plan to do?" He asked. I shrugged. "I don't know, i never really plan anything too much. I'll probably end up travelling around for a while. I'd like to go back to England." I said. I hadn't really thought about my future, apart from once when i thought it could be with Pietro. The truth was, I didn't see any type of future for myself. I couldn't see myself having a normal job or living a normal life with a husband and kids. I didn't even think I wanted those things. "Don't you want to go to college?" Peter asked. I shook my head. "College isn't for people like me. Who knows maybe i'll join the avengers." I joked. We spotted Ned and MJ and made a beeline for them. "Hey guys! You coming mine? Tony's out at a business meeting." I spoke.