Chapter 15 - McHouse

(Sorry I haven't updated in a while but I've had a little bit of a uh... writers block? Idk if you'd call me a writer but whatever um so yeah sorry for the long wait)

Meredith's POV
It's been about 2 weeks since we kissed (and went on a date or two) and as far as I'm aware, no one knows about our relationship... or whatever you call what's been going on between Dr. Hayes and I.

"Hey" I hear someone whisper to me 'sexily' from behind.

"Hi Dr Hayes. How may i help you?" I ask just before turning around to face him.

"Well I was thinking that um... well about you. About us..."

"I have too. But I thought we discussed to not talk about this when we're inside a hospital." I say before we go silent as a bunch of nurses pass by.

"Yeah well... this didn't seem right to text or say over a phone. What is this? You and I?" Hayes asks while raising one eyebrow. I can tell in his face that he's resisting the urge to grab my waist and kiss me.

"Whatever you want it to be." I say before I turn around to begin to walk away.

"Wait!" he exclaimed. I turn around to listen to what he has to say. "Would you like to go out tonight?"

I stand there giving him the time to elaborate where we're going tonight. And to throw him off. Maybe he'll think I'm going to say 'No'.

"I'll see you at 7." I say before walking away.

...
7... ish pm
...

Hayes' POV
I was parked right in front of Meredith's house. I would walk up to the door and knock but she's told me not to do that because one of her kids... or even worse... one of her sisters might answer the door. I would also like to stand in front of the passenger door so I can be a gentleman and open her door for her but she insists on getting in herself. Her excuse is that someone might peek out the window and see me.

I watched her walk out of her house and quickly walk to my car in her black heels.

"I've got something new planned" I say as soon as she opens the door.

She sits down and I hand her something.

"What is this?" she asks while holding a piece of cloth.

"It's a blindfold. Well, really it's an old shirt that got all torn up. But just pretend it's a blindfold and cover your eyes with it." I say back as I begin to drive away.

"O-kay...? Just make sure we don't crash and die. I'm not ready to make my children motherless as well... and I'm pretty sure you're not ready to make your sons fatherless too." Mer says as she wraps the torn shirt around her eyes.

Meredith's POV
He finally turns off the car engine and we sit there for a little while.

"Are we... gonna get out?" I ask.

I get no response but then I hear the driver door open and close.

"H-hello? You better not have just left me in the woods. I swear to god if you did-" I began to say before he opened the passenger door and gently grabbed my arm.

"I would never leave you." He says as he lets me out.

He leads me up some steps. Maybe it's his house? But why'd he need to blindfold me?

"Okay. Something I haven't told literally anyone... not even my kids is that... I have two houses. One house that I live in... and another one just to escape my kids. And I quarantined in this house as well." Hayes says as he grabs both my hands.

"Oh... okay. But why am I blindfolded?" I ask.

"Because I decorated it just for you. The walls are glass so if I didn't blindfold you, you would see right through the house and see your surprise." He says.

He lets go of my hands and I hear keys jingle. I figured that he was opening the door. He led me inside of the house.

"You can take it off now." he says. I can hear in his voice that he is smiling from ear to ear.

I take off my blindfold and can't believe what I see. I see a brick fireplace, black countertops, the sink... it's in the middle of the island, the lights over the island are kinda semi circled shaped and black, windows from floor to ceiling cover nearly every wall, and the floor is a lighter wood colour. This can't be real. It just can't.

"Meredith are you okay?" Hayes asks as I'm not blinking or moving.

"Yeah... I- can I just step outside for a moment?" I ask.

"Of course! Go right ahead!" he says in the politest way possible.

I step outside the door. A door that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I step off is the deck and onto the grass.

"No way... it's- Hayes-" she whispered to herself.

She felt tears run down her face for this is what she saw:

(To be continued 🙃)(btw creds to the whole idea of Hayes buying the Merder Dream House goes to

(To be continued 🙃)
(btw creds to the whole idea of Hayes buying the Merder Dream House goes to .cerneacelina on tiktok)