Again? - Part 2

at the hospital (2 hours later)

Richard's POV
I've been hearing people whispering to each other and giving me weird looks when I passed by them in hallways. In my most recent surgery, the nurses were all silent and hesitant to give me the tools I needed to operate and save my patients life.

"Hey, Pierce," I quietly yelled as I jogged up behind her.

"Hey, Richard. Need a cardio consult?" she asked.

Two nurses passed by us and looked at us dead in the eyes and started whispering to each other.

"... Yeah," I responded.

"Is there something in my teeth or something??" Maggie asked worriedly and grinned.

"No, why are you asking?"

"They've been whispering and giving me weird looks for the past 2 hours!"

I looked at her with my eyes wide open. She then realized that the same exact thing was happening to me.

Link's POV
I was operating on my patient when Dr. Schmitt came busting through the OR door.

"Woah, slow down there," I said.

"Crap. How long do you think you'll be?"  he asked.

"Maybe an hour or so, why?" I responded then asked.

"Something happened and I need to talk to you."

"Who are you talking to here? Me or your boyfriend?" I asked.

"Uh you," he said while looking down at the ground.

It was then that I realized that it was something big.

...
after the surgery
...

still Link's POV
"So," I began to say as I was scrubbing out, "what's up?"

Levi looked into Nico's eyes deeply for a couple seconds. I felt like he was just going to leap into his arm and make out with Nico on the spot. But then Nico soon walked quickly out of the room because he knew that Levi wanted to speak with me and me only.

"Dr. Link, there's been an accident...."

(UM SO IG PART 3 AND WE GO BACK TO AMY AND MER? SO YEAH... AND SORRY THIS TOOK A WHILE... I TRIED TO MAKE IT SOONER BUT I HAD NO STORAGE 💃💋 ALSO TY FOR 7K READS??!! LIKE HUH?)