chapter twenty-three (edited)

Italic - thoughts

SONG HAIRI

I was dumbstruck.

I feel like everyone's problems are on my back, It felt so heavy and painful. Watching his back slowly disappear from my sight made the pain doubled up.

Is this even real?

" *chuckle* what a dumb mf" I mumbled with tears brimming in my eyes while seated on my swivel chair. I looked at me and Sunghoon's picture that is in a frame on my table. It was our first Christmas together, with his family.

"Ira.... Wake up love..." I felt someone shake me.

I groaned.

"It's Christmas loveee" Sunghoon smiled, gave me a peck on the forehead and hugged me.

I smiled and hugged him back.

"Merry Christmas love"

***

"Merry Christmas Ira!!" Sunghoon's mom greeted me as soon as we showed up at their living room.

"Merry Christmas mom!" I smiled and went to hug her.

"Eonni! Merry Christmassss!!" Yeji greeted and hugged me.

I smiled even wider and greeted her back.

"I'm backkkkk!" Sunghoon's dad called from the front door with gifts on his hands. From what I know, he went to his parents grave to greet them a Merry Christmas. It is actually so touching.

Yeji quickly went to their father and hugged him.

"Merry Christmas dad" I greeted once he got near me.

"Merry Christmas, my daughter" he gave me a pat on my head with a smile on his face.

I moved my gaze to Sunghoon and saw him smiling while looking at me. I went more near him and linked my arms in his.

"Merry Christmas again, I love you" I rested my head on his shoulder and said, making sure that the both of us are the only one who heard it.

He turned me, facing him.

"Merry Christmas and I love you more" He said smiling. He placed a quick peck on my lips before hugging me.

"Eonni! Ugly! Let me take a picture of you two!" Yeji called, waving his camera while walking near us.

We both agreed.

Sunghoon placed his arms on shoulder as I hug his waist.

"Alright! 1! 2! 3! Smileeeee!"

I felt Sunghoon kissed my forehead making me smile even wider.

I smiled bitterly as I remembered that day. I turned the picture frame down before wiping the tears that fell. I leaned back on my chair and soon, broke down again. It's not actually my plan to break down on the spot, but remembering the memories that we both created and promised that we'll cherish, makes it more painful for me.

Like how can he just easily break up with me? He didn't even let me explain for pete's sake!

I guess we'll just remain in eachother's memories.

*******

^_^