chapter thirty-eight

Italic - thoughts

SONG HAIRI

After eating with the staffs, they finally left leaving me and Sunghoon alone in this house.

As I was cleaning the table me and Sunghoon ate at, I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket. I took it from my pocket and saw that my manager texted me.

'the cameras are still on, keep on acting. Sunghoon is also informed by his manager already'

I silently sighed and continued cleaning the table after putting my phone back in my pocket.

As I was silently getting rid of the paper bags and all, Sunghoon suddenly went near me and sat on the chair of the dining table.

"Why?" I asked without looking at him.

"Let's drink" I can say that he's smiling from the way he said it.

"What will we drink?" I asked and looked at him.

"I don't know, Soju I guess?" he shrugged his shoulder.

"Alright, buy some then" I said and started wiping the table with a wet cloth since I already threw the trash away.

"Babe! I'm going out to buy sojus and snacks! Lock the doors and don't let anyone inside unless it's me!" I heard him yell from the front door.

"Be careful!" I yelled back and started washing the chopsticks that were used by us earlier.

After washing the dishes, I laid in our bed and used my phone while waiting for Sunghoon to come back.

As I was scrolling through my phone, Sunghoon suddenly called.

I put it on speaker.

[ on the phone ]

"Yes?"

[ what food do you want? I'm in the groceries ]

"Ice cream and gummies!" I excitedly said and silently giggled making him chuckle.

[ what else? ]

"Do they have grapes there? It's been a long time since I ate some...."

[ I'm not sure.... I'll check later. But what if there's none? ]

"It's okay. Also buy some chips, you know what I want right?"

[ yup ]

"Alright, be careful driving!"

[ hmm, I love you ]

I froze.

"Yeah, love you too" I hanged up.

First time hearing those eight letters after two years...

Those two years passed so fast and felt like nothing. I wanted to move forward without him, but the universe itself is making it's own way for me to move forward with him.

It's like it doesn't want us to be apart even if we're the one who's already walking away on eachother. As if we're both walking down on one circle path but in different ways, we'd be separated on eachother but will still bump on eachother in the end.

I came back to my senses when I suddenly realised something.

I didn't tell Sunghoon that he's on speaker... Is he only acting or...

I quickly texted him.

Hairi
You know that you were in
loud speaker earlier right?

Sunghoon
Loud speaker?

No

*******
;)

^_^