Chapter 37

Author's note:
Hey everyone!! I know it's been FOREVER since I've updated but I'm just having trouble ending this awesome fanfic! Bare with me! I think I'll post a few more chapters before finally ending it. Thanks for reading you beautiful people!
Keep smiling
~H

"Hiccup."
"Mphmmph," I mumble back. A hand gently brushed through my hair trying to wake me up.
"Babe it's time to wake up. You need to see your mom, and Gothi if anything."
"Mmpphh," I moan back into my pillow.
"Hiccup you've been asleep for 16 hours. It's time to get up. You need food and a visit with Gothi."
The blanket wrapped warmly around me is suddenly ripped from my grip and I grumble even more at the loss of warmth. I might as well get up. I do need food and my leg is better but still throbbing. But I'm so comfortable.. I slowly open my eyes, squinting from the light in the room. Then I focus on the girl leaning in front of me and watch a small smile form on her lips.
"There are those handsome green eyes," she says.
"You know it," I respond cheekily.
She helps me sit up and I stretch my arms over head with a sigh. Then I meet Astrid's eyes again.
"Come on dragon boy. You smell like rotten fish and you look like you haven't eaten anything decent in the last few weeks."
"Hey! Don't blame me! It's not like I planned on crashing on a barbaric island, shattering my leg, passing out every hour, almost losing my girlfriend, and losing the only brother I almost had..." My voice lowered as I finished the sentence. I found my eyes looking at my hands tangled in my lap. I wasn't planning on saying all of that out loud. It just kinda fell out.
Hands gently wrap around my face and lift it up. My eyes slowly find Astrid's again.
"Hey I don't blame you and I never will. What you went through was unfair and I'm sorry. But you're home now and we're safe and Patch can finally be with his sister. Sure it would have been awesome if he came home with us but he didn't. I know it sucks but I'm certain Patch wouldn't want you to sulk around because of his decision. Okay?"
I nod my head in agreement and pull her in for a hug. She wraps her arms around me and I hug her even tighter. I'm so lucky to have someone like her. She knows the right thing to say, and she's right. I have to get off my lazy ass and face everyone. I pull back from the hug and look into her eyes.
"I'm ready."
The realization in her expression lets me know she knows what I'm talking about. I stand up, pulling her to her feet and then walk towards the stairs. First my mom, then Gothi, and then I'll face the village.