Chapter 15

A little bit later I wake up but my body feels so heavy. I can't open my eyes because my head is throbbing. I can hear and feel but for some reason I can't move at all. Astrid is shaking my side and I concentrate on what she's saying.
"Hiccup! Hiccup please, please you have to wake up. Hiccup please wake up!" Her voice is shaking and I can tell she's crying. She thinks I'm dead. The thought sparks something in my brain and I feel my arm twitch. Astrid doesn't notice.
"Hiccup!" She screams. I focus all my energy and strength on moving something. Come on. Come on! A burst of energy shoots through my right arm and it flies up and makes contact with Astrid's side.
"Hiccup! Hiccup that's it. I need you to fight it," she shakily grabs ahold of my right hand and holds it tight while the other hand rests against my cheek.
"Come on babe. I need you to fight."
I slightly squeeze her hand and I feel her squeeze in return.

The rest of the day is a blur. I'm passed out most of the day, and when I do wake up Astrid is pouring a disgusting remedy down my throat. It's so hard to open my eyes.
My body feels like it's blubber. I can barely gain enough strength to open my eyes let alone lift my arm. Astrid knows she needs to get me help but she doesn't know which way to fly home. If she is wandering to long in the sky looking for Berk then I might get attacked or worse, Astrid won't make it back in time.