Chapter 23

I open my eyes abruptly and breathe heavily. Where am I? I sit up too fast. It's dark. I get a head rush and lie back down with a grunt. I look around the dark room, landing on a pair of eyes next to me. I freeze as the eyes blink. Then my eyes start to adjust to the dark and I see a figure, a body connected to those dark eyes.
"Hey look who finally woke up," the boy says.
"Who are you? Where am I?" I croak out and sit up again, receiving a wave of nausea in the process.
"Woah calm down Hiccup, it's me, Patch," he says as he reaches out his hands. Wait, how does he know my name? Did I tell him? No. Patch. That sounds familiar. Where have I heard that before? Suddenly I'm overwhelmed by memories of before I passed out. Patch. The tree house. Strange island. Astrid. Astrid! I look back at Patch and watch as he tenses. I relax my shoulders and sigh, laying back down. I can hear Patch sigh next to me.
"What, happened?" I ask.
"You passed out."
"Yeah I can tell," I reply.
"You were out for a few hours."
I inhale quickly.
"A few hours! Ugghhhhh," I groan.
"I cleaned out your leg wound. It's infected but I was able to get most of the infection out, but it's obviously still broken. Good thing you were knocked out," he tells me. I sit back up slowly and look at my wrapped leg. It doesn't hurt as much but it's still throbbing.
"Thanks."
"No problem bro. And while you were beauty sleeping, I snuck back to the village to collect some info," he smirks. My eyes widen and my heart starts pounding.
"What'd you find out?" I ask eagerly.
I cough and he hands me a cup of water. I drink it all gone. I suddenly feel better and sit up against the tree house wall next to Patch. He tells me where they're keeping her and how many guards they have wandering the village.
A plan quickly forms in my head.
There's a few minutes of silence before I lean forward with excitement.
"Ok, here's the plan."