Chapter Six

"Shush!"

Wy and Peter both shut their mouths immediately.

The man smiled. "That's better."

"Um, do you guys... know each other?" I whispered, trying not to attract attention to myself.

"Depends." Wy looked at him glumly.

"What do you mean... 'depends'?" Arthur narrowed his eyes.

"We both met through another person. I don't like him, though. Too annoying." Wy faked gagged, emphasising her point.

"May I ask who this 'other person' is?" Francis asked.

"I guess... he goes by the name Australia." 

The name struck a cord in my memory. Aus... tralia... it sounded familiar. 

"I'm pretty sure he goes to the same university as you guys." Wy added.

Wait a minute-

"What makes you think we go to the same university?" Arthur scoffed.

"Well, I know which uni you go to, and Wy know which uni he goes to, so..." Peter shrugged.

"Do you mean, Aussie?" I interrupted, remembering him and his snake.

Wy and the man both looked at me. "Yeah, that's the nickname of his nickname."

I blinked. He had a nickname... of a nickname? Wow...

"Who are you?" Feliks asked, pointing at the man.

He quickly posed. "I'm River. Hutt River."

Arthur choked. "Were you trying to do a James Bond impersonation?"

"Maybe, maybe not. You'll never know." he smirked.

"It's obvious it was, what do you mean 'you'll never know'?" Francis shrugged.

Hutt River glared at him. "ANYWAY, why are you all here? By a landfill? What purpose does it solve?"

"Stop talking big words, it doesn't suit you." Wy retorted.

"Well, we were looking for something." I informed him.

"What are you looking for?" 

I looked at the others. Wy was shaking her head.

"Can't tell, sorry." 

Hutt shrugged. "Oh, well. Hope you find what  you're looking for." He turned around with his backbag and laughed.

All of a sudden, Wy shot forward and stopped him. "What's in your bag?"

"What?" the rest of us looked at her, absorbed.

"What's in your bag, Hutt?"

He raised an eyebrow. "What's gotten into you, Wy?"

She crossed her arms. "I believe there is something in there that belongs to Matthew."

"EEH?!"

"Wy, what are you saying? Are you just picking a fight with him? You're acting strange. This is weeeird!" Peter babbled.

"Guys. We're looking for a polar bear doll. Hutt has a habit of picking things and claiming them for his own. Can any of you see the paw of the doll through the zipper?" Rolling her eyes, she pointed to the bag, which I realised she was correct.

"Do you have Kumajirou?!" I exclaimed. "Can I have it back please?"

He bit his lip. "Well... if you can prove it to me that it is yours. After all, it was in the landfill."