Chapter Thirteen

Later that same day, all of us (excluding Francis and Arthur, the two idiots who got themselves kicked out of the thrift store) went back to the store. Ciarán and Seamus stayed at the house with the two, so they don't blow something up (and so that Arthur could reply to the 'Bouncing Gala').

We entered the store. Allistor walked over to the worker at the reception. The girl there wasn't Seychelles. In fact, in contrast to her, this one seemed very scary.

Allistor and Dylan, however, didn't act at all fazed in the slightest. "Hello, Natalia." Dylan greeted. 

"Hm? Oh, it's only you. What are you doing here?" she scoffed. 

"Isn't it your job to welcome people here?" Allistor spoke.

"Yes, maybe. But, I know you. So I don't care." 

"Anyway, we were wondering if you would like to partner with us on a fundraiser we are doing this weekend." Dylan ignored her.

"Oh, that's sounds interesting." Natalia's voice was dripping with sarcasm. 

"Is your sister here?" Allistor asked.

"Yes, she is." Natalia turned her head and called out; "Katyusha!"

"Yes?"

"Some idiots here want to discuss something!"

I heard a snicker as another woman walked into our view.

I quickly averted my eyes from her, terrified she's think I was looking at her... uh, chest. Yeah, chest.

She laughed. "Don't be shy, I'm used to people looking."

My cheeks grew hot. Gosh, does she have no idea what's she saying? 

"Ooooh, is Matthew shy?" Feliks sniggered.

"Shut up." I snorted. 

"Anyway, why did you call me Natalia? Do you need help with handling people? That's new." she stared at her sister.

"No, that's not it. They want to partner with us for a fundraiser." Natalia rolled her eyes.

"That's a good idea!"

"What, you weren't meant to agree with them!!" 

I peeked up, trying not to look at Katyusha, and saw that Natalia was pointing fingers. "It's a stupid idea! Why do we have to join with them?"

"Well," Katyusha smiled. "Have you asked them what the fundraiser's about?"

Natalia faltered. "No, but-"

"Then you shouldn't diss them off straight away!" 

She mumbled something under her breath, I had the impression she was probably swearing. "Okay, fine." She stared at us. "What is this magnificent idea you have?"

Allistor started explaining about us raising money for the hospital, leaving out the original inspiration behind it. 

Katyusha was nodding along the whole time, smirking at her sister, who seemed to shrink at every sentence.

"Natalia, isn't this our job? To make sure these second-hand items make it to new owners?"

"Urk... Alright. It's a good thing, sure. But... are we going to partner up?"

"Yup. Seychelles works here on the weekends and you know her. She'll love to help!" Katyusha clapped her hands.

"But... what if we don't want to?"

Katyusha glared. "What do you think Ivan will say if I told him you were acting like this?"

She mumbled something inaudible.