8. Message Received

Steven's P.O.V.

After what happened on the moon base, I was shocked. We were able to get what we needed, but there was a bit of tension with Peridot. And on top of that, she even took that weird crystal thing from the base too.

I don't know what it does, but I had a feeling it was nothing good. The gems were by the drill and both Lightning and Y/n went off somewhere to talk about something. But I was keeping an eye on Peridot to see what she would do while the gems talked.

Amrthyst: So how long until we can use the drill?

Pearl: Well, with the new coordinates we got from the moon base, we should br ready to go. But we should run some tests just to be sure it's safe.

Then after a few minutes, I saw Peridot make her way to the barn. And I went to follow her to see what she was trying to do. Once I was in the barn, I saw that Peridot was doing something to that crystal thing. And when she saw me, she quickly hid it behind her.

Peridot: Steven!

Steven: Peridot, I need to talk to you.

Peridot: Y-Yeah, sure.

So I lead her into the old pick up truck that was in the barn. It was the closest thing I could think of to talking to Peridot in private. And I didn't want her to get suspicious, but she was just confused as to what was going on.

Peridot: Why are we in this broken down vehicle?

Steven: I wanted to talk to you about the Diamonds.

Peridot: Oh, I don't know what the others told you, but there's a reason why there in charge.

Steven: Why's that?

Peridot: They're objectively better than us, every gem has there strengths and weaknesses, but not them. They are absolutely totally completely flawless beings! Especially my diamond: Yellow Diamond, the most perfect, the most reasonable, rational, efficient decider ever to exist in the universe!

Steven: I guess your really loyal to her, aren't you?

Peridot: How could I not be? We may have our little truce, but I'll never forsake the gem i was made for.

Steven: That's good, cause she's right behind you.

Peridot: WHAT?!

I may have thought of it off the top of my head, but it worked. As soon as Peridot turned around, I was able to snatch that gem device she took. And as soon as she realized it was a trick, I was already out of the truck. And I had locked the doors to keep her in, since she didn't know about them.

Steven: Save your strength, your now up against one of the Earth's greatest trapping technologies: the child safety lock!

Peridot: No! How could you do this to me, the great and lovable Peridot?! And I thought that we were friends like you wanted?!

Steven: I saw you sneak this off of the moon base while no one was looking. What does it do? Tell me!

Peridot: It's nothing special and definitely not important.

Steven: *grabs hammer* Then why don't I just smash it!?

Peridot: No! Alright, I have a plan, so let me explain: it's a communicator. And it is meant for the express use of calling the Diamonds back on Homeworld.