17. Reformation

Steven's P.O.V.

It's been a full day since the fight with Jasper on the boat. Dad went to talk to the guy that he rented the boat from. Luckily, it didn't take us long to get back to the house. Meanwhile, I was in the house watching over Y/n's gem. I had told the others what happened and they all went to look for Jasper. I even had called Lightning and Peridot on Peridots tablet. So it was just me, Lapis, Lightning, and Peridot at the house. And we were all waiting for Y/n to reform after yesterdays fight.

Y/n's gem was sitting on the coffee table while I sat on the couch. Lapis was on the other side of the couch staring at Y/n's gem. And Lapis seemed to be in a bit of a trance while staring at his gem. Peridot was trying to find some way to snap Lapis out of it, but nothing worked. And Lightning was just pacing back in forth around the house. Likely trying to keep himself calm after learning of what Jasper did to Y/n. And after a few more minutes of silence, Lightning spoke up and was real upset.

Lightning: Gah! I swear when I see Jasper, I'm going to break her in two!

Lapis: That makes two of us.

Steven: Woah, woah, guys! Look, I know you're both upset. But getting angry won't help Y/n reform any faster.

Peridot: Steven's right, but who knows how long until Y/n reforms? It could be anywhere between a few hour and several earth days. And we can't be sure as to where Jasper even is right now.

Lapis and Lightning both knew that Peridot had a point. Jasper could be anywhere in the ocean right now. And that's if she hasn't managed to find some way back to land. As for Y/n, it reminded me of the time that Pearl got poofed by her hologram self. That wasn't really a good memory since Holo-Pearl had tried to attack me. And it took Pearl two weeks to reform after that happened. I just hope that Y/n's ok, luckily his gem didn't get damaged.

Lightning: Sorry.

Steven: It's alright, were all just a little on edge right now. How about we play a few boardgames to pass the time until the others get back or Y/n reforms?

Lapis: Board... games?

Lapis, Peridot, and Lightning all looked at me confused. That's when I had realized boardgames was something I hadn't told them about yet. So after explaining what boardgames were, the others seemed interested. Besides, there was a few games that I haven't played in a while. So it would be fun for all of us to have fun while we waited. Plus I figured it would help keep Lighting and Lapis calm for the time being too. I just hope that Y/n is alright and that he reforms soon. Because things were a bit tense with Lapis and Lightning. I mean, Lightning and Y/n are brothers and Lapis seems to really care for him.

So we ended up playing several different boardgames. Ones like Sorry, Monopoly, Jenga, and other games for the next couple hours. Though, the others didn't really seem to understand how they all worked. So I went on to explain how each game was played and how to win. Of course, every time Peridot lost, she would claim one of us had cheated. I was a little confused as to why she'd think that since I wouldn't cheat and they others never played these games before. And between each game, I would take a moment to check on Y/n's gem.

In between games, I had placed Y/n's gem on a pillow and under a heat lamp. I don't know if it makes him more comfortable while he's in his gem. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to try and keep him comfy. After all, Jasper had beaten him up pretty bad yesterday. And I had no idea as to how long it was going to take him to reform. I even saw Lapis glance over at his gem a few times too. I couldn't help but wonder if there was something more between her and Y/n or not. But I know she was probably a bit more worried about Y/n than the rest of us.