15: Comforting Lapis

Y/n's P.O.V.

Honestly, I couldn't believe how the Ruby's were easily tricked. Part of me kind of wished we did that to begin with. Then again, I'm not one to talk since we all thought that they were after Peridot. So after they left, Steven and the others returned to the temple. And me, Lapis, Lightning, and Peridot all decided to stay in the barn. It was either that, or we all move into Steven's house. And I doubt there was going to be enough room for all of us.

Over the course of the last few days, we've been fixing the barn. Of course, Peridot was trying to fix the hole she made with her robot. At first, she tried to put it back together with pieces of wood. Sadly, that didn't really end up helping her as each piece just fell down. So Lightning decided to see what he could do to help. And the two have been trying anything they could think of to fix the wall.

Lapis was a bit hesitant about wanting to help. She said she wasn't completly comfortable with Peridot just yet. And it was understandable, given the history they have. So she kind of just sat off to the side on the first day. Then yesterday, she was curious about what we should do with the hole from the drill. We all knew we had to fill it the hole with something. Peridot suggested we do the lake she originally planned as an apology gift. And to everyone's surprise, Lapis agreed with the idea. But Lapis just claimed it was either that for fill it up with dirt.

So while Lightning and Peridot patched part of it with dirt, Lapis and I went to find water. It took us an hour or so, but we found an old lake that didn't have any Earth life in it. So Lapis used her powers to take the water and bring it to the barn. Luckily, Peridot and Lightning had finish putting some dirt in the lower parts of the hole when Lapis and I got back. As for today, we were all taking a look at the progress we made with the barn. And I have to say that it looked like we were doing a good job.

We had a tarp just behind the door for some extra privacy. The old truck inside was put on the upper part of the barn so we could enjoy the scenery. And we even used the old silo to cover up the hole in the wall. Of course, Lightning and I had to fuse into Sumo in order to lift up the silo. And now we had our own lake to add to our own little piece of Earth. So all together, the barn was really starting to look like something we could be proud of.

Y/n: I have to say, the barn is really starting to come together.

Lightning: Right? I mean, if Steven or the others decide to visit, they'll definitely be surprised.

Peridot: Yeah, though I wonder what we should do with all of the extra scrap metal on the inside.

Lightning: I've been trying to make things out of it. But I'm not really sure if any of it is actually good or not.

Peridot: Care to elaborate, Lightning?

Lightning: I... think it'll be better if I show you Peridot.

Peridot: Alright, lead the way.

I was about to follow them, but I noticed Lapis was missing. So while they went inside, I went to go find her. At first, I figured that she was probably on the roof. But when I looked, Lapis was nowhere to be seen. So I started to look around to see if she was nearby. After a few minutes of looking, I found her sitting where the silo was. And it looked like she was thinking about something. So I didn't want to bug her and was about to leave before I heard Lapis call my name.

Lapis: Hey Y/n.

Y/n: Oh, hey Lapis. If I'm bothering you, then I can go...

Lapis: No, it's fine.