4. When It Rains

Steven's P.O.V.

While I was in the bathroom, the others were trying to get Peridot to come out to talk. Peridot, however, was being kind of stubborn and Garnet was now pounding on the door.

Garnet: Open the door Peridot! If this "cluster" is putting us in danger, then you need to tell us what it is so we can stop it!

Peridot: No! I hate you! I'm not telling you anything about the cluster!

Peridot was doing her best to keep the door closed. She even had Y/n keen up against it to keep it closed. I knew it was going to be hard to get Peridot to tell us about the cluster. But I knew that if we just waited a while, she would tell us sooner or later.

Amethyst: Oh come on.......... Is it a big..... Hunk of......... Granola?

Peridot: What's granola?

I honestly didn't know why Amethyst would think it's granola. And Peridot just looked at Y/n to see if he knew, but he just shrugged in concussion.

Pearl: I'm sure that it's not granola. Now Peridot, I'm sure we can reach some sort of agreement. Perhaps a trade is in order?

Peridot: Oh sure, why don't you just give me back my leg enhancements and my arm attachments with my screens and logs and all of my information? Oh wait, you've destroyed them! So NO! I don't think we can reach some sort of agreement!

I heard them all groan at the fact that they got rid of Peridot's stuff. Then I flushed and washed my hands before I got Peridot and Y/n's attention.

Steven: Okay Peridot, Y/n, you both can turn around now.

Peridot and Y/n didn't really know why they had to turn around, and I didn't want to explain why. Then Peridot had opened the door enough for me to get through before she locked it again.

Steven: *clears throat* Sorry for interrupting your interrogation.

Garnet: Don't worry about it Steven.

Pearl: I swear Peridot is going to crack any second now.

Peridot: I'll never crack for the likes of you, you........ Crystal Clods! *laughs*

Pearl: I got your close right here you....

Garnet: Hold on Pearl. If she's not going to be of any help, then let's investigate this thing on our own.

Steven: Oh, I'll come with.

I did want to come with them to help find out about the cluster, but Garnet was thinking otherwise.

Garnet: Sorry Steven, but we're going to need you to stay here and keep an eye on our...... guests.

Steven: Really?

Amethyst: Yeah, make sure she doesn't try anything like turn Y/n over to the dark side or something.

Pearl: Don't worry, she's perfectly harmless without her limb enhancers. Y/n on the other hand.......

Peridot: I'M NOT HARMLESS!!!

Pearl: Oh, hush up!

So they all got on the warp pad and were about to warp off. And I was about to head into the kitchen before Garnet got my attention.

Garnet: Oh, Steven, there's one more thing I forgot to tell you.

Steven: What is it?

Then she smiled at me and made a heart with her hands. I thought that it was sweet of Garnet to do it for me.