14. Hit The Diamond

Y/n's P.O.V.

We were all surprised at what we were looking at right now. The Roaming Eye was piloted by what looked like a small red gem. The gem in question seemed to be about Peridot's height, but had major differences. Mainly due to the fact she was red, had hair like Garnet, and her gem was where her left eye should be.

Steven: Wha? Rub--

Before Steven could say anything, I had grabbed him as everyone ran into the barn for cover. And it was a good thing we did as four more of the small, red gems exited their ship. I was confused as to what type of gem they were too. But I had a feeling that I was about to find out in a second.

Plus not to mention there's a lot of questions that need answers. Such as why exactly they were all looking for Peridot. I wanted to go over there and find out what they're saying. But I had a feeling that it was best to stay out of sight for now. As there was no telling what they could do if they were to find us over here.

Steven: Wow, look at them all.

Peridot: I knew it! They're after me! This is the end of the line.

Lapis: You really weren't kidding.

Peridot: I disobeyed a direct order from Yellow Diamond, and I called her a clod..... to her face.

Pearl: Oh, please, you call everyone you meet a clod.

Lightning: That's true, its also annoying.

Peridot: Yes, but not everyone has command over all the armies of Homeworld waiting for the word to shatter me.

With that, Peridot went and hid under an old cardboard box. I saw that Steven was really worried about her. So of course, he and Garnet went to try and comfort her. But something really wasn't adding up for me. I mean, why send a group of small gems to find and shatter Peridot? Wouldn't it be better to send a pair of large gems or something?

Y/n: this is confusing.

Lapis: How so?

Y/n: Well, why would Yellow Diamond send of group of small gems to find and shatter Peridot? Wouldn't it be easier to send someone as big as Garnet to get the job done?

Lapis: I guess that is strange, and those "small gems" are called ruby's.

Y/n: Oh, I'll keep that in mind.

Garnet: Alright, listen up everyone, I have a plan. Or rather, we have a plan.

That's when Garnet started to glow and had unfused. Lightning and I were kind of surprised by Garnet unfusing. Though we both knew she was a fusion, we didn't know why kind of a fusion that she was. One gem was a Ruby, but the other was blue, had long white hair, and wore a royal dress of sorts.

Sapphire: Hello everyone.

Pearl/Amethyst: Ruby! Sapphire!

Steven: Huuuuuuugs!!!

Sapphire: Hello Steven.

Lightning and I were shocked to see Garnet unfused. Though Lapis didn't seem to care and Peridot was to scared to even care. I had so many questions going through my head now. But I knew they could wait since we had a bunch of uninvited guests. Though I was hoping that this blue gem, or Sapphire, had a plan. And it seemed Lightning was thinking the same thing.