10; Beneath the statue

"These girls are crazy"

🌿

⚠️ sexual actions ⚠️

The bells of the temple ring loudly. Irene frowns.

Her head is still fuzzy and sleepy, just like every morning. Her eyes are heavy when she tries to open them, but the loud bells don't stop ringing. She hears rustling and sighing around her, people walking around and talking. Clothes are thrown everywhere, the clinging of jewelry being thrown around, of people yelling with hushed voices. When she opens her eyes, it's still dark inside the big bedroom. Quite a contrast to how she woke up the day before.

The only light in the room are faint candles hanging by the walls. Irene can only make out the figures of the girls in the room. Some are putting on makeup by the big desks, others are getting dressed carefully. Their dresses look fancier than usual, with more gold and diamonds and decorations. Two girls are sitting on the bed next to the one where she is laying, braiding each other's hairs. Another one is frantically pulling her long blond hair into a high ponytail. Irene wonders with her heart thumping, why they are getting ready so early, and why the bells are ringing through the temple. Is it some sort of alarm? Danger? Fire? Or is it just for them to wake up? She doesn't know anything.

The two girls next to her get ready first. Irene has no idea how to put on her white dress, or how to do her hair or makeup here, so she just waits with a baffled expression, hiding partially under the covers. It seems like she doesn't have to worry though. After Aoede has gotten ready, with her hair in a ponytail, golden stars in her hair, makeup light but sweet, and dress fancy but revealing, she motions Irene to come over. She helps the girl get dressed, and soon after, Evadne helps too. Through her confusion and fear over this place, Irene has to admit that everyone has been very nice. Maybe a little annoying sometimes, and teasing, but overall nice.

Evadne and Aoede decide that Irene shouldn't wear too much makeup. Her naturally cuter face is already special and the girls at the temple want to see her natural face. They are all curious of course. Curious about the outsider. They dress her in a more revealing dress than before, and Irene forces herself not to think about it too much. Go with the flow. Try to learn some new words today and not focus on their weird traditions. But they still give her a pair of golden earrings, and some cute decorations in her hair, which they keep loose and naturally curly.

"Ten minutes left, let's start heading out"

Irene can only guess that the red haired girl standing in the middle of the room is their dorm leader. Or whatever they call it. She's often talking loudly and with a commanding voice, and the girls do what she asks them to. After the red haired girl has spoken, everyone finishes up what they are doing and start walking towards the door, with her in the lead. Aoede grabs Irene's hand and leads her out of the room, following the rest of the girls. There is a stream of white clothed women walking down the corridors with them. Irene is confused but doesn't dare to make a sound, following Aoede without making trouble.

They walk down to the dining hall below. It's completely full, chattering and all kinds of other sounds spreading out. No matter where she looks Irene will spot someone, standing around or sitting by the tables. Everyone is trying to find a place to sit, and Irene sees hundreds of people she didn't see the day before. She holds onto Aoede's hand as well as she can, terrified of letting go and being lost in the big crowd. It's still quite dark outside, but the light from the sun is peeking behind the hills.