25; Ultimatum

"We must not fall, we will not become another Pompeii"

🌿

⚠️ mentions of violence and abuse ⚠️

"And so the outside began to attack.

Lost on what to do the great Hera ordered the women of her kingdom to form an union, one that would last forever and in the afterlife. This union should be made until the end of time, each time the union died another one should be made to replace them. So her powers could be restored the people did what she told them. The great Zeus ordered his kingdom to follow the orders of his wife, and so she protected the entire island from the outside when two unions were formed.

It was the beautiful Aphrodite who paired the two women, and the sly Dionysus who paired the two men. It was said that if the citizens forgot to form an union, the entire protection would slowly collapse, leaving them with the attackers and darkness from the outside.

The women were Stella and Star, and the two men were Lunar and moon. Upon their death another pair of unions were formed, and yet another generation was protected from the outside. The union would be made once the two joined hands, and the emperor or empress had said that the two would be together until the end of time, and in the afterlife. The union could never break, as it was ordered by the Gods and created by them too.

It is said that on the thousandth year of the sun and moon, a union will not be formed after those who have died. The island will fall into despair, and the protection will fall. And it is true, for it is written in the stars"

-rulebook of the life and afterlife by emperor Marinius 1000 A.C, section 1-6:8

Division.

Ariadne's silent glare is pointed at a certain someone, sitting opposite of her in the throne room. She's been doing nothing but glaring since yesterday. Absolutely nothing but glaring.

There is so much hate in her heart now. The tension is high, so high that even the queen seems worried. While she usually sits there without doing much, looking bored and unbothered, she has finally awoken to life because of what's been happening as of late. Tensions are rising so high it has reached the temple of Hera and thereby the palace grounds. The queen is worried sick, for her position, for her people and for the stability of the city and the leaders. Nobody seems to be getting along, not after this whole thing started, and it's not getting better.

Irene left, everyone knows that. The news spread like wildfire. People admitted to have seen verbal and even physical abuse against the outsider days, or moments before she disappeared. Girls from Aphrodites temple have admitted to being bystanders as they watched her get pushed to the floor and berated. Others say that they saw bruises around her neck, but those are just speculations since nobody can prove it to be true. What is true though, is that she's gone. Nobody knows where she has went. Some people fear the worst, that she has died. Search parties have been sent out by Thea, but she hasn't mentioned anything publicly.

Irene leaving the city should have lowered the tensions, but they only rose. People who weren't angry with Irene before are now angry at those who hurt her, while others feel guilty. Some are still happy about her being gone and think they have done the right thing by being against her. Opinions jump around here and there. They are no longer as united as they used to be, following the same rules and same religion for centuries. Now they have new problems, from the outside, and their different perspectives are separating them from each other.