19; Little febuary

"A bad day turned good"

🌿

It's little February again.

Irene rushes though the marble halls of the temple of Aphrodite. Outside the temple walls, the sun is setting slowly over the horizon. Birds are flying back to their nests and small, faint clouds are traveling across the sky. A small, warm breeze ruffles her hair as she speeds past the green and white scenery. Flowers in all different colors have been in bloom since the season changed. It was raining earlier, and the stone floors are slippery and wet. It seems to be raining a lot recently, must be some sort of rain season now.

It's been a full month since she came here, a full month since the last little February. And Irene thought that she had learned so much in that time. The language, the culture, the people, the food. And the traditions too. But now that it's happening again, the tradition she will never understand, and never not be scared of. That's why she's running, to make sure she doesn't have to see what's going on.

Living at the temple is very extreme. There is always someone doing something inappropriate no matter where you are. Kissing and such is sweet, it's cute, it's simple. It's something she has gotten used to by now. But the other stuff, the more extreme things, those are reserved for slightly more private places. At least, Irene doesn't happen to see it too much during a normal day at the temple. But on the special day, the first Saturday of the month, little February, it's different. The girls here are constantly clinging to each other, doing unimaginable things, and it only gets worse during the evening.

Dinner is at eight, when they eat for hours and celebrate with the finest foods and entertainment. But dinner is over, it's midnight now, and the girls are getting busy. Night is falling, and Irene is extremely uncomfortable being around any of the girls on this particular day. So she's spent all of her time hidden away in one of the smaller gardens of the temple. She didn't even attend dinner, not feeling hungry at all despite not eating anything for hours. It's because she's so nauseous. Irene has a choice to make, she could stay at the temple or move somewhere else. And she doesn't know what to choose. But this day is making her want to move out. It's too much.

Girls by the temple walls are kissing deeply, running their hands across each other's bodies, but nothing else seems to be happening. Irene feels relieved by that. But she still runs, because she doesn't want them to notice her presence. The thought of finding somewhere to sleep for the night is the only thing that keeps her going. Currently she sleeps with Ariadne, which is creating a bond between them, but during this night Irene is unsure whether or not to sleep in that room. However, it's not like she has a choice though, so Irene continues making her way into the main temple.

A girl by the wall catches her off guard, grabbing onto the sleeve of her dress and pulling her backwards. Irene stumbles and lands in the arms of a half unfamiliar girl, someone she has seen here and there but never gotten familiar with. The brownish blond haired girl is taller than most, and she smiles faintly at Irene. It's not like she's dangerous, just a little drunk, and looking for someone new to be with. Irene grimaces and tries to get out of her grip.

"Hey cutie, why are you in such a rush?"

Despite being drunk, her words are not slurred whatsoever. It seems like she's built up quite a high tolerance over the years, alcohol not affecting her anymore. Irene stares up at the girl with her big doe eyes and cute, natural pout.

"I have someone waiting for me at the temple"

And without a fuss, she is let go. The girl waves at her with a smile, before going back to what she was doing with another girl. Irene runs away from the scene with a lighter feeling in her chest. Despite being a little grossed out by all the explicit things she has to see, she knows that they would never force her to do anything she doesn't want to do. These girls are easy going, always kind and positive, open to both acceptance and rejection. It's the only thing that calms her mind, as she makes her way into the temple and up the first staircase.