22; Outsider

"Outsiders don't belong in our country!"

🌿

⚠️ bullying, violence, bruises, verbal abuse, swearing, threats of physical abuse, xenophobia ⚠️

"Your majesty- it's an emergency"

Anaxagoras looks up from underneath the covers. A man has knocked on the door before bursting in, obviously scared because of his disturbance towards the terrifying king, but also looking quite stressed over something. The emperor sighs, stretching his arms and yawning. It's early morning, the sun is barely up, and he was supposed to be having a day off today. Maybe he'll have to push it to tomorrow instead.

"I'll be right there, wait for me outside"

The servant nods quickly and with blushing cheeks, as he happens to have seen the emperors bare and muscled chest right before. When the door to the huge and fancy bedroom is closed, Anaxagoras slowly turns towards the figure still sleeping on his bed, completely tangled into the covers with his hair looking extra fluffy and cute. The cute and nervous boy Isaac. Suddenly, but slowly, the boy blinks his eyes open, and Anaxagoras is surprised that he woke up at such a perfect time. He smiles at the sleepy boy, who squints and tries to see through his blurry eyes.

"Good morning, I'm afraid that I have work to do right now"

Isaac frowns, still a little sleepy. Last night he went to bed like most nights this past week, in Anaxagoras big bed right next to the guy himself. Staring up at the high ceiling like always, admiring the detailed painting on it, and the fancy chandelier. He remembers the emperor sitting down in bed right next to him, taking off his shirt and Isaac avoiding the sight. Then, out of nowhere, Anaxagoras announced that he would be having the day off the following day. At the time, Isaac was actually happy about it. He always feels so lonely here when Anaxagoras is working, and the rest of the boys here seem scared of him. It's only fun when he gets to spend time with the emperor. And now Anaxagoras isn't having a day off after all?

What could be so important that it goes against the will of the emperor himself? And in the early morning at that? Isaac is sure that Anaxagoras would come back to their bedroom with that angry look in his eye if it turned out to not be important.

"Is something wrong?"

Isaac is a natural worrier. If anything is important so early in the morning, when the sun isn't up yet, and when the emperor is trying to rest on his off day, it has to be very urgent and maybe even dangerous. What could be happening at this exact time? Just the thought of it makes Isaac nervous, and he kind of regrets learning the language so fast. Now he understands everything they are saying, both good and bad and nerve wracking, and he doesn't know what to do with that information since he's only good for staying inside and hiding these days.

"Nothing is wrong Isaac, just stay here and I'll be right back, okay?"

Anaxagoras is quick to assure him that nothing is out of the ordinary. He always does that, and Isaac is sure that he would do it until the end of time no matter how dangerous or important the matter is. The worst part is, he does it with that convincing smile and those sparkling eyes that have Isaac nodding and not daring to ask any further questions or worry more.

Anaxagoras gracefully gets up from his bed and walks over to his closet. Rows and rows of colorful robes, most of them which Isaac has never seen him use, lay in there. Before coming here Isaac had never seen some of the colors and fabrics and jewelry that they have here. Never even imagined to get close, since it's the rich people stuff. And then, after coming here, his mind exploded. So many things yet they never use any of them, despite having all the colors of the rainbow they still choose the white robes over the fancy ones. Isaac wonders when they use the colors, during festivities maybe? Holidays? This far he's been here for over a month and no such festivity has come along.