by chance

Hunter didn't care about what anyone else was telling him to do. He needed to know more than he was being given.

If Belos was going to continue to give him nothing but crumbs of information then he was just going to go the hard way.

Sporting a black turtleneck, cargo pants, and a cloth mask, Hunter flew quietly out of his chambers of the emporer's castle. Wind tossed his hair out of his face, as he looked determined towards the forest nearest of Bonesborough.

Edric hates everything. Emira is getting sick of his bullshit, his parents are the worst, and  Amity is hardly ever home. Everything's changed, and it used to be easy to handle before when he had everyone. Now he feels like the people in his life are almost... leaving him behind.

He feels stupid for thinking that way, but he can't help it. He'd usually go to Em about this kind of thing, but since she's not his biggest fan at the moment, he decides to just go for a walk to clear his head.

Odalia and Alador were out for the week advertising their newest update on the Abomitrons on the nicer sides of Latissa, so the Blight kids basically had free reign of the Manor and the area.

And so Edric enters a small patch of forest between the Manor and the Owl House, hoping maybe to see something to cheer him up.

Hunter makes a steady landing at the back of the woods, the Owl House within eyesight. As he hops off of his palisman to the ground, he takes a look at the old shack.

His mind goes back to when he first met Luz, and he thought of the way she challenged his world view after one day.

He considered asking her for help on learning more about the magic of the Iles, but realistically she would never help someone get information for Belos. Even if that's not what Hunter is doing.

He shakes away the thought and minimizes his palisman back to just the cardinal.

It chirps lowly at him.

He looks to his shoulder, pulling down his mask to his chin.

"Someone's here?"

Edric whistles to himself as he trots along a slim pathway of soil in the forest. Pausing to take a look at an oddly shaped tree, he thinks he hears something. Someone.

Hunter watches from the top branches of an oak tree nearby
Is that... the oldest blight ? He thinks to himself.
Not a bad gene pool. He raised his eyebrows in acknowledgment. He shakes the thought again, shifting his vision to his palisman.

"Any ideas?" he whispers, listening to Edric shout from below.

"Who's there? I've got 'Hex Me' signs and I'm not afraid to send you home with 'em!" Edric cupped his mouth to amplify his voice.

Hunter looks at him with disgust. With a hard blink, he leans his ear to listen to the cardinal. A sly grin makes its way over his face.

"Emira? Amity? Goops? Bird, tube, thing? I really need to start remembering these people's names." Edric calls out.

In a blink of an eye, Hunter leaps down from the top of the tree he was residing in, crashing into Edric with a Girthy Thud.

(im not sorry the word Girthy is So funny to me)

He knocks them both to the ground and aims his palisman at Edric, mask pulled over as much of his face as he could manage.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU- MNNMNM-" Edric tried to yell out but Hunter covered his mouth with his glove.

"Shh!! Listen here, Blight, as I see it you've got two options. Nod if I can let go of your mouth."

Edric hesitantly nods, and Hunter removes his hand.