future

It's been almost a decade since the war's been over. Luz Noceda changed everything. There were now portals to any dimension possible on every corner of every block you could get to. Belos is nowhere to be found, the coven system has been dismantled and now, wild magic is celebrated and worshipped as it should always have been. 

Hunter feels the nick in his left ear on his drive home from therapy. (The real otp here.) His sisters in law are singing in the backseat as his fiancé has one hand on the wheel and one on his thigh. He felt himself dissociating in the passenger seat, and tried to do something to pull himself back from the painful memories his scars brought him.

Instead, he listened to his sisters in law singing that god awful top 40 playlist. He felt himself smile at how off key the two in the back were, chuckling at how dramatically Luz was singing to Amity.

He looked over at his fiancée, who was nodding along to the music as he drove through the Human Realm.  His heart lightened at the positive nature of the car. His therapist told him that progression would be easier if he made positive observations about his surroundings, and that it would help ground him and would help with ptsd.

As the group approached home, Camilla and Vee were waiting for them on the front porch, enjoying some mandoras. The two noticed the car and waved ecstatically, running towards them. 

"Okay guys, it was so nice to catch up with you, but we've got dinner plans with mi mama y Vee. You're free to join us if you'd like!" Luz exclaimed, helping Amity out of the car. Hunter looked towards Edric and lightly shook his head to the side. He was a little worn out.

"Not tonight Luz, but thanks a ton for the invite. See you soon! Bye mittens!" The couple scoffed at them and waved the two of them off, walking to the house.

Edric turned to Hunter. "You okay goldie?" He asked tenderly. Hunter smiled. "I'm okay, just too tired for all their energy. You can go though!" He replied, squeezing onto Edric's hand. Edric deadpanned at him.

"You can't drive." "I could figure it out-" "Let's go home and have movie night. I'm thinking sweatpants and takeout, how does that sound?" Edric cut him off.

Hunter, even though they'd be married soon, still found himself blushing at Edric's offer.

"Sounds great love." Hunter kissed him, holding onto the contact for a few minutes. The two drove to the airport where the portals to the Demon Realm could be found, and parked their car in the witch lot.

Holding each other's hands, looking into each other, and smiling contently, the two walked through the portal after showing their ID's. The magic encased them as they disappeared from sight, going home to have that date night they deserved when they were kids.

Yes, this was more of a drabble, but this made me feel better about my own future too. It's fine to project every now and then wym-

No but imagining the characters of toh just being happy adults and getting to do the things they love all the time makes me so unimaginably happy, as we know that season 2b and the specials from season 3 will Not be super happy episodes.

Ty for reading !!