goldric week day 3 - jealousy, jealousy

Hunter was having a hard time believing what was happening with that Blight boy. In the past month or so, Edric had been stopping by more often. Sometimes even staying the night. Those nights always left Hunter with a pounding in his chest that he couldn't sleep through. 

Hours of longing looks, getting caught staring, and finding Edric looking at his lips were almost too much to take. 

Hunter didn't exactly know what to categorize these feelings as, or who to talk to about them. Maybe it was the same as Luz and Amity? That was possible, he supposed. 

He shook the thoughts out of his head as he readied his bag to go into town. Eda had sent him out to pick a few things up for the house, since Luz was at school and Eda was training.

"Hey Eda, you needed elixirs, gryphon eggs, and any deals from the board you said?" Hunter asked, reading off the list from his scroll.

Eda turned to him, wings flicking with her movements. "Yep, you got it kid. Here, in case you get suspicious of any company," she said, flinging a cloth mask at him. Rascal caught it mid air, plopping it onto Hunter's head as the bird nestled into his neck.

Hunter smiled, chuckling lowly. "I think I'll make it, it's just the main road. But thank you, Eda. Good luck with your uh... harpy mode thing!" Hunter finished, pulling on his boots.

Eda and Hunter shouted a unison of their classic "Byeeeee!", as Hunter closed the door behind him.

"DON'T BE OUT TOO LONG HOOT HOOT, WOULDN'T WANNA MISS OUR TEEEEA PARTYYYY," Hooty squawked, wiggling in a flirtatious fashion, obviously not actually flirting with Hunter, coming out of the door.

Hunter chuckled. "Wouldn't miss it for the world, Hoot. Keep Eda safe, alright?" He said lowly to the bird, scratching under his chin. Quiet hoots and purrs came from the demon as he stepped away.

Hunter and Hooty didn't seem like the most likely pair, but Hooty apparently has a knack for breaking down the wall's of ex-Emperor's Coven heads.

As Hunter made his way through town, he was reminded of how happy and free he had been since leaving. Actually being able to feel the air of the Isles on his skin could never compare to the light breeze he used to feel over his uniform.

He stopped by an eyes scream shoppe to grab something to nibble on while he attended his errands, stopping in his tracks before he got any closer.

He saw sea foam blue hair bristling with the wind, sitting next to a head of shorter dark brown hair. He heard laughing underneath the sounds of the town, and he felt his chest get heavy.

He immediately recognized it as Edric, how could he not let's be honest, sitting with another boy his age. The boy had a pronounced nose, slimmer head shape with a lanky figure. He seemed to be in the abominations and plant track based on his uniform.

Hunter backed away, not wanting to be caught staring. The thought of having to talk to them right now sounded less appealing than wearing a tanktop to the Knee. 

He spun on his heels, electing to take a different route to get his grocery list. He felt this odd pang of bitterness in his throat, feeling nauseas at the thought of Edric being with somebody else.

That was stupid, right? He wasn't even seeing Edric, so feeling this way about the other person there was completely illogical, right?

He didn't know how to answer his own questions as he stomped through the stone paths of Bonesborough.

***