goldric week day 2 - winter

okay so it's day two let's get these gays in the snow WOOP

also i'm not great at edits but i liked that one a lot :D ! i'm also on twt tit kok and instagram w the same name in case anyone would enjoy that-

Hunter and Luz were sitting in the kitchen of the Owl House, Luz staring starry eyed outside of the windows. 

"So what's weird about the snow here? Rain boils, sometimes it rains knives, there's firebees," Luz trailed off. "What's terrifying about the snow of the Isles?" Luz excitedly leaned over the table, staring straight into Hunter's face.

Hunter looked at his hands, trying to think about it. 

"I think the snow here just makes you cold, there's some parts of the Isles where it has other properties, but here it's just annoying." Hunter looked back up at her. She cocked her head to the side.

"You don't know? Wow, I'm surprised, you're usually an encyclopedia about this kind of stuff!" She said cheerfully, flopping back over her chair.

Hunter stiffened. "I couldn't really... get out and around enough to learn about it." He said quietly. Luz's face fell in realization. 

"Ahh, birdbrains! I'm sorry Hunter, I didn't think about that." Luz tried, moving over to use Hunter's head as an armrest.

Hunter chuckled. "Birdbrains? You mean Eda?" He said sarcastically, falling to the floor to throw Luz off of him. Luz laughed along.

The duo's heads perked up as they heard a ring from Luz's scroll though. "Just a sec, I think Amity is calling!" Luz said happily, skipping over to get her phone.

Hunter thought Luz's relationship with the youngest Blight was really sweet. He'd bully them about it, teasing Luz when she got flustered, but it made him genuinely happy to know that Luz had someone like Amity to care for her in that way. 

"Mhm, of course, let me ask Hunter and Eda!" Hunter overheard Luz from the living room, looking up to give her an answer. 

"Hunter, do you wanna go with Amity, the Blight twins and me to the Knee in a bit?" Luz asked, covering the bottom half of her scroll.

Ah, the Blight son. Shit. 

Hunter admittedly felt odd around the subject of that boy. Their first conversation had been awkward, sure, which was fine he supposed, but every time they saw each other after that something new happened. Maybe Edric hugged him, or looked at him a bit longer than usual, or it really could have been anything that was beginning to set Hunter off. He didn't recognize these feelings he was having, so as happy as he felt being near the other boy, he feared it just as much.

But he can't disappoint Luz.

So, begrudgingly, he nodded with a small smile, Luz jumping up and down. 

"Woo! I'm gonna go talk to Eda now but Hunter said yes! I'll text you what Eda says! Okay, bye Amity..." Luz got shy at the end of the phone call, Hunter assuming Amity had said something sweet to her. 

Luz stormed up the stairs, and Hunter could hear some muffled conversation followed by a happy squeal.

"I don't know though, kid, maybe I should go with you guys. Scouts could be out anywhere looking for you, and Hunter." Hunter heard Eda say as she came down the stairs with Luz.

Luz nodded. "Normally I would ask you to come with, but Hunter with his staff, the twins, Amity's new powers, and my glyphs should be able to get us out of anything that happens. But if it makes you feel better, feel free to!" Luz said, gathering her winter clothes.