rahn day voo

Hunter keeps trying to convince himself that he only comes here for business purposes. That he's doing everything but fraternizing with the enemy. But that gets harder to convince himself of the more he braces himself at the window to Edric's bedroom. Edric Blight's bedroom. 

This was one of the only things in his life that felt good, being near Edric and talking about their lives. Everything else was all high-stakes and dangerous, but the moments of safety he had in one of the Blight Manor Bedrooms was all he had to look forward to.

He was starting to think he might not want to live like that all the time. He noticed how other young people did things that made them feel good.. all the time. And what did he get? Petrifying fear over one night a week stress-free? That didn't feel right. Being with Edric did though.

He started to get an inclination as to why over time, figuring out that he had feelings for Edric that differed from mutual understanding like he had with the human, or the youngest Blight. He wasn't sure what to make of them yet, but he figured he'd deal with them later. Once he managed to escape the castle for good.

Hunter stopped losing himself in his thoughts as he tapped on the stained glass in front of him, gently, so as to not wake any of the others.

He saw a clouded figure come over to the window to open it, the glass lifting to reveal a beaming Edric Blight behind them.

Hunter smiled. It was small, but he smiled.

"Hi," Hunter said meekly, blushing at how hard Edric was grinning at him.

"Why hello there!" Edric cooed as he yanked the other boy in from outside into a crushing hug. Hunter laughed at the aggressiveness Edric was displaying, faking noises of choking and gasping for release.

"Edric I... I'm gone." Hunter sighed out, going limp in Edric's arms. Edric fell to his knees, knocking Hunter's head on the floor.

He shook his fist at the sky and mouthed "Noooooo!" as Hunter stifled a laugh at his friend. He felt himself curl up into an actual hug with Edric, and he held him back as they both finished their giggling. 

"Alright. What's the report this week?" Hunter said, standing up as he reached out a hand to Edric. Edric smiled and pulled himself up, putting a hand to his forehead in salute.

"I hung out with Amity's girlfriend and her owners, and made Principal Bump cry for the third time this year sir yes sir!" Edric mocked an authoritative shout-whisper as he puffed his chest out.

Hunter chuckled. "Fantastic. You're dismissed." He smiled at Edric letting out a huff, flopping onto his bed. 

"Thank you, I had no idea how long I could hold that in for!" He exclaimed, sprawling out over the sheets. Hunter chuckled, looking fondly down at Edric as he looked up.

Edric met Hunter's eyes, and went red from the soft look on his face, turning away. 

"Don't look at me like that!" He huffed into his pillow. Hunter giggled and sat at the foot of the bed. He was about to speak before he was cut off by harsh footsteps approaching Edric's door. Edric's ears perked up, as he jolted out of bed. "In the closet in the closet in the closet!!" He whispered as he pushed Hunter in. "I could have just went out the- window." Hunter retorted as he was shoved into the hangers of clothes. 

Through the holes in the wooden doors, he could see Edric fumbling to shut the windows and slam onto his bed, faking sleep just as the door slammed open.

"Edric Blight! Keep it down! It is nearly nightfall and you are causing nothing but a ruckus up here! I'm heading to bed for your father and my big presentation in Latissa tomorrow, and we need our beauty sleep! You have been warned." She spat coldly, slamming the door behind her.