ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 || 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 23

Warning: Vulgar language, Slight Sexual Content
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(Y/N)'s POV

My fingertips tenderly grazed off her quivering shoulders, and my thumb slowly shifted to her puffy right cheek. I kept my movements soft and subtle to ensure her safe moment wasn't fractured. I carefully wiped her delicate cheek of the invading salt water, and peered into her emerald eyes as a caring sibling would. She was too precious of a friend to watch melt away because of some stupid, twicthy boy. I knew her heart wasn't strong enough to fight against Toby's reckless emotions- yet.

"Thank you, you're amazing (Y/N),"

Her words pierced my heart gracefully, making a warm shiver crawl up my spine. At times her words were pure and sent a perfect warmth to my heart. She truly was a beautiful soul, well to people she liked. It was hard to imagine Toby giving up such a wonder of a girl, especially with their long path of memories.
However, Toby shared an IQ with a brick. Even the brick was better at fighting.

Images of Clockwork's emotionally beaten exterior replayed in my mind as I walked towards the front of the mansion. There was a strange sensation lingering through my chest, taking me by surprise. The feeling was contradicting yet wrapped me in a welcoming blanket. I halted as my heart punched my ribs violently. I remained idle as my gaze peered towards the flat carpet, my eyes wide and my hand firmly taking a hold of the fabric over my heart.

This feeling was... happiness.

Why was I feeling this right now?

I closed my eyes for a brief second before my conscience drove me towards the tall oak doors. I loitered before the towering pieces of wood, only to plop down on the black, linen couch until the two brunettes made their arrival. Pure hell was floating in the air, and once Toby stepped foot in the manor, he was going to be engulfed within it.

It was going to suffocate him.

The soaring copper-coloured doors had finally crept open, resulting in my figure reaching towards the ceiling and planting my shoes firmly against the carpet. Fluffy brown curls peeked in, followed by a grayish hue of skin. His towering figure snuck through the crack, peering around until his empty sockets swiftly landed on me. His lips twisted into a smile once he saw me, waving lightly before his stomach rumbled hungrily.
Jack didn't have a chance to eat before he left.
I observed his lean figure advance closer towards mine, smiling lightly in his presence the closer he got. Yet, I couldn't help but shove my gaze past him.
Jack's presence was heavenly, although I was on another mission.
That coward better be coming soon.

"Wish to finish where we left off?" Jack queried, yet his voice trailed off to hesitation once he found my gaze had persisted past him. My eyes forced back towards him, nervously smiling while I scanned him. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

"Sorry I... have to talk to Toby about something," I mumbled, gutting myself mentally as a grimace marked my features.
Now I was ditching Jack for that dim-wit. What has my life come to?
I reminded myself of the girl's emotional wounds that Toby had left, it was the only thing keeping me from wandering off with EJ.
The brunette's features remained stagnant after I revealed my plan, his expression almost told me to go. A part of me questioned why he was so nonchalant about the information, making me wonder if Jack genuinely liked me in the first place.

But did I sincerely like him?

Why did I feel relieved?

No, there was nobody else in this mansion that stole my breath away.
Nobody else that I would admit.