ℂ𝕙𝕚𝕥 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕥 || 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 25

Uneasiness hadn't been a distant memory as the sensation craved a mark into your chest. Apprehension weighed down your shoulders and distress crawled up behind you. Masky observed your chest rising and falling at an unusual pace, striking a further interest in the situation.

"Are we going?" Masky questioned, averting his gaze and setting it upon the drywall at the end of the hall. He was searching for a figure to appear, answering the uneasiness of the hallway. The search came up dry, only glancing back to see your figure nearing his.

"Yeah, come on, Timothy," You teased, flicking the porcelain mask's forehead and earning an irritated growl from the masked brunette. He flicked your hand away soon after.

A fraction of your being begged your tongue to spill your circumstances, pleading for help with a new found enemy.
Toby.
Funny how one person could mould and feister into two problems.

As you walked the halls with your masked partner a comfortable silence filled the surrounding air. Whenever Masky was in your presence there was a feeling of sheltered warmth, also taking you by the hand and guiding you to your next destination. Maybe it was because Masky was the one that trained you during your first month? Or... the fact that he knew how to handle Toby.
Either way, both possibilities were mixed into the reasoning.

"Hey, (Y/N), can I ask you something?" His voice broke through the silence, stopping in a vacant hallway. His tone sounded more serious than normal, and his hand gently rested on his black, porcelain lips in thought.

"Yes, Masky?"

"Could you kill someone you love?" He hummed curiously, pivoting to turn towards you, his head tilting towards the right. Words like those always shake you back to reality- you are a proxy. Suddenly the comfortable air suffocated you, causing your face to crack like glass. There was a new pressure that made you want to hurl, creating a fire in your stomach. You were forced to become a monster, you were forced to take the lives of other people; and, you did it with ease. Yet this question gutted you and threw you into a river of unwanted emotions.

"Yes, I would," gracefully lying was the only way out of this, nothing good would come from rejecting the idea. Masky was your friend, however stren with rules. One slip up would have been reported to the Operator.

His brown eyes lingered on you for a moment, questioning whether you were telling the truth. You were convincing, yet something was wrong.

"You're cold," he chuckled, lightening the mood slightly.

"Oh shut up! You asked,"

∆Time Skip to the Mission∆

Upon the setting of the old sun, the night breeze helped brush your hair such as a caring mother would. Your wandering eyes watched the horizon's hue slowly turn into a dark red, singling a goodnight to the people of the town- all but some. It wasn't long until your partner in crime stepped out of the towering doors of the worn mansion, the familiar smell of bitter smoke followed him.

"Are you ready?" he questioned, coming to stand before you as you peered towards the now darker sky. How dull the stars shun tonight.

"I was waiting for you, dipshit," you chuckled, seemingly in a lighter mood than before. After what had happened earlier today, you tried pushing the fresh memories of the odrel into a deeper past. Masky could only shake his head to your words, however a warm hearted arua came from him- he wasn't all that bad.

Prowling around the forest created a sense of power for one. The way a hunter turned into a complete mad man drenched with power as they stalked a prey, was the same exhilarating feeling that was bestowed upon you. Empty silence filled the air between the soft snaps and cracks of the twigs beneath your boots. It wasn't until Masky sat on a log, that's when conversation was set up.