one

Twenty-Six years later...

On Morag, an abandoned planet, two figures walked through the runes of the empty planet. One figure was tall, buff, clearly a man; he wore a light blue t-shirt, a red leather jacket, reddish-brown pants with a tactical belt, black boots, a futuristic mask, and two dual blasters. The other figure was shorter, skinnier, had long brown hair, and was a girl; she wore a white top, a dark green leather jacket, black pants, black boots, and a tactical belt with blasters attached to it. And just like her partner, she also had a futuristic mask on.

Now the reason why these two were on this planet was because they were searching for a mysterious orb. An orb that their boss wanted so badly, so they decided to just take it. As the two entered the cave where the orb was located, the two pressed the sides of their heads, which pulled their masks off automatically. The guy had blue-green glimmering eyes, while the girl, had brown doe eyes. He looked at least in his thirties, but she looked like a pre-teenager. Maybe twelve years old.

Together, they pulled out their Walkmans, put in their headphones, and pressed play at the same time. Just anyone could tell that this same chaotic behavior indicated that the two were related somehow. The Walkmans played, "Come and Get Your Love" by Redbone.

"Hail, Hail, what's the matter with your head, yeah..."
"Hail, Hail, what's the matter with your mind..."
"And your sign?"
"Hail, Hail, nothin' the matter with your head..."
"Baby find it, come on and find it..."
"Hail, with it, baby, 'cause you're fine..."
"And you're mine, and you look so divine..."

The two figures danced their way through into the cave, lip-singing as well, kicking some water on their way, and snatching some of the small creatures there too.

"Come and get your love..."

Right then, the two found the mysterious orb inside a magnetic force. The man placed a small device on the ground, which caused the orb to be sucked out from the force it was in, and into the device he placed.

Just as the man is about to pick up the device, they were intercepted by a group of men, holding guns to them. "Drop it!" The two look back at the man, Korath, as they pulled down their headsets.

"Uh...hey," the man said as Korath instructed his henchmen to grab the man and the girl.

"Drop it, now!" Korath demanded.

"Hey, cool, man. No problem," the man said as he dropped the orb just as the two henchmen came closer to him and the girl. Guns pointed straight at them. But it wasn't like this was the first time they've been at gunpoint before. "No problem at all."

Korath then picked up the orb and stared at the two. "How do you know about this?" Korath asked.

"We don't even know what that is. We are just junkers, man. Trying to get by. We were just- just checking stuff out," the man said.

"You don't look like a junker. You're wearing Ravager garb," Korath said.

"This is just an outfit, man," the man said as Korath's henchmen kept prodding him and the girl. "Ninja Turtle, you better stop poking me."

"Seriously, a little space," the girl spoke up.

"What is your name?!" Korath snapped.

"My name is Peter Quill, okay? This is my niece, Liv Quill," The man, now known as the older Peter Quill.

"Hey," Liv said, giving an awkward wave.

Now, one would assume that Peter Quill's partner in crime would be his twin sister, Meadow. But that's not the case anymore seeing as how fourteen years ago, Meadow Quill died in childbirth. A life was born while a life was taken. It's beautiful and sad. But Quill has taken care of Meadow's daughter ever since, bringing her to space, showing her his lifestyle, though not very stable but it was all he knew. He raised Liv like she was his own, even if the two acted like complete idiots.