four

Following Gamora and Liv back to their cell, Quill tried to explain why he did what he did, and that he didn't care. "Listen! I could care less whether you live or wherever you die," Quill said before they all suddenly stopped in front of the boys cell. "I only came after you because I knew Liv was in danger."

"Then why stop the big guy?" Gamora asked. "He wasn't hurting Liv."

"Simple. You know where to sell my Orb," Quill answered.

"How are we gonna sell it when we and it are still here?" Gamora asked before Quill gestured to Rocket, who followed them as well.

"My friend Rocket, here, has escaped twenty-two prison," he said.

"Oh, we're getting out," Rocket confidently said. "And then we're headed straight to Yondu to retrieve your bounty."

"How much was your buyer willing to pay you for my Orb?" Quill asked.

"Four billion units," Gamora answered, and they all stared at her in utter shock.

"What?!" Rocket snapped.
"Damn!" Liv snapped.
"Holy shit!" Quill snapped.

"That Orb is my opportunity to get away from Thanos and Ronan. If you free us, I'll lead you to the buyer directly and I'll split the profit between the four of us," Gamora explained.

"I am Groot."

They then looked over to see Groot had sat up from the cell, poking his head out. "Five of us," Rocket translated before looking back at Groot. "Asleep for the danger, awake for the money, as per frickin usual."

The Dark Aster

Ronan and Nebula stood before a large holographic image of a giant head, known as The Other. They just heard the news of Gamora's capture, and automatically accused Ronan of the whispers they heard about her.

"You have been betrayed, Ronan."

"We know only that she has been captured. Gamora may yet recover the Orb," Ronan assured.

"No! Our sources within the Kyln say Gamora has her own plans for the Orb," at this Nebula narrowed her eyes at the image in curiosity, "Your partnership with Thanos is at risk." Ronan and Nebula stared at the image for a long beat, waiting to be told what to do next. "Thanos requires your presence. NOW!"

The Sanctuary, Domain of Thanos

Ronan faced a rock throne that was facing its back while the Other stood with the blue man, and Nebula sat on the sidelines. "With all due respect, Thanos, your daughter made this mess, and yet you summoned me," Ronan said while Nebula fixed her wires.

"I would lower my voice, Accuser,"

"First, she lost a battle with some primitive," Ronan started his offense.

"Thanos put Gamora under your charge,"

"Then she was apprehended by the Nova Corps," Ronan continued.

"You are the one here with nothing to show for it,"

"And your sources say that she was meant to betray us the whole time!" Ronan finished.

"LOWER YOUR TONE! I MAY BE YOUR-"

But Ronan shut him up by using his staff, sending a concussive blast, causing the Other's neck to snap.

Nebula looked up for a moment as the Other fell to the ground, instantly dead. But shows no sign of surprise. Ronan then turned to Thanos, who was still facing his throne to him. "I only hope that you take this matter seriously."