two

On Xandar, the capital of the Nova Empire, a talking Racoon, named Rocket, sat down at a fountain, spying on the Xandarians in the city, absolutely disgusted with everything around him. "Xandarians. What a bunch of losers. All of them are in a big hurry to get from something stupid to nothing at all. Pathetic," Rocket said, and right then, a Xandarian man with short blond hair walked by. "Look at this guy! Can you believe they call us criminals when he's assaulting us with that haircut?" Then a small Xandarian child was getting helped walking with his parents. "What is this thing? Look how it thinks it's so cool. It's not cool to get help. Walk by yourself, you little gargoyle." He then saw an older Xandarian man, Stan Lee, chatting up a pretty young woman. "Look at Mr. Smiles over here. Where's your wife, old man? What a class-A pervert." He then laughed to himself as he placed the device he was using down. "Right, Groot? Groot?" He looked over to see Groot, a tree-like humanoid, was drinking water from the nearby fountain. "Don't drink fountain water, you idiot. That's disgusting!"

"Mmm," Groot hummed as he shook his head, pretending he didn't drink it.

"Yes, you did. I just saw you doing it. Why are you lying?" Rocket asked before he held up the device again. It locked onto a higher platform where Quill was, talking to Bereet. "Whoop. Looks like we got one." Then he saw Liv walk up to her Uncle and his one nightstand. "Two of them! Okay, humies, how bad does someone wanna find you?" His tablet showed the bounty on Quill and he practically yelped in excitement. "Forty thousand units? Groot, we're gonna be rich." Rocket then looked over to Groot to find him drinking the water from the fountain again.

Quill and Liv entered a shop, to be greeted by a man known as the Broker, and Liv gave him a warm smile. "Mr. Quill. Miss Quill," the Broker said.

"Broker. The orb," Quill said before he held out the orb and placed it on the counter in front of the man. "As commissioned."

"Where's Yondu?" The Broker asked.

"Uh, couldn't make it," Liv said.

"Wanted to be here, sends his love. And told me to tell you, that you got the best eyebrows in the business," Quill said, causing Liv to stiff a smile as the Broker picked up the orb. "What is it?"

"It's my policy never to discuss my clients or their needs," the Broker said.

"Yeah, well, we almost died getting it for you," Quill said.

"It was intense," Liv said.

"An occupation hazard, I'm sure, in your line of work," the Broker said.

"Some machine-headed freak, working for a dude named Ronan," Quill said but the Broker suddenly looked at the two terrified.

"Ronan? I'm sorry, Mr. Quill and Miss Quill. I truly am. But I want no part of this transaction if Ronan is involved," the Broker said before he gave the orb back to Quill and started pushing the two towards his shop door.

"Woh! Woh, woh, woh!" Quill exclaimed before he stopped the Broker from his pushing. "Who's Ronan?"

"A Kree fanatic, outraged by the peace treaty, who will not rest until Xandarian culture, my culture, is wiped from existence!" The Broker snapped before he started to push the two out again.

"Come on!" Liv snapped.

"He's someone whose bad side I rather not be on," the Broker said.

"What? What about my bad side?" Quill asked and the Broker opened his shop door, then shoved the two out.

"Farewell, Mr. Quill and Miss Quill," the Broker said before he closed the door in their faces.

"Hey, we had a deal, bro!" Quill yelled at the closed shop door.