six

Liv messed with a knife Gamora gave her as she sat in her seat at the cockpit. "Heads up!" Rocket suddenly yelled out, who was sitting in the pilot seat. "We're inbound."

Liv watched as they flew closer towards their destination as Quill walked up from downstairs. But Liv could have sworn it looked like a giant severed-head. "Whoa," she muttered at the same time her Uncle did.

"What is it?" Drax asked.

"It's called Knowhere," Gamora said before she took the knife from Liv. "The severed head of an ancient celestial being. Be wary headed in, rodent. There are no regulations whatsoever here." Liv continued to stare out the ship, as they entered it.

Knowhere, Mining Colony. It almost looked like a huge city, but it was always nighttime. Known outlaws were originated from it, except if you were born on Earth, like Liv and Quill for example.

Liv stayed near the group, her uncle for the most part, as they walked the streets of Knowhere. She just hoped this deal went as fast as it could, so she could get off. She hadn't been on the skull for that long and it already gave her the creeps. "Hundreds of years ago," Gamora began and Liv looked at her as she spoke, while still paying attention to what was in front of her. "...the Tivan Group sent workers in to mine the organic matter within the skull. The bone, brain tissue, spinal fluid. All rare resources, highly valued in black markets across the galaxy. It's dangerous and illegal work, suitable only for outlaws."

"Well, I come from a planet of outlaws. Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde and John Stamos," Quill said.

"It sounds like a place which I would like to visit," Drax said.

"Yeah, you should," Quill said.

"You shouldn't," Liv added and Drax looked down at her. "It's a piece of shi—" But she stopped mid-sentence when she realized that Quill was giving her a look. "—crap. I would rather die than live on Earth."

"Aren't you from this Earth?" Drax asked.

"Exactly," Liv said right before a group of kids surrounded them, some of them probably Liv's age. "Watch your wallets." A boy reached for her pockets which happened to be on her behind- "Watch it!" He immediately backed off and Liv smiled to herself, continuing to walk with the group.

A girl walked up to Groot, who grew a flower in his hand, plucked it and gave it to her. She looked at it fondly as he walked after his friends again.

They approached a bar, where the boys seemed confused. "Your buyer's in there?" Rocket asked.

"We are to wait here for his representative," Gamora told them, right before they saw a bouncer throw a patron out from the bar.

"This is no respectable establishment. What do you expect us to do while we wait?" Drax asked.

———

Liv, Groot, Rocket and Drax stood around a gamble table full of others, as they watched lizard-like creatures chase and eat the other. Rocket and Drax got dead drunk, and Liv was about to take a sip of a drink right when Quill walked by. He took the cup out from her hand and she dropped her jaw in offense. "Hey!" She exclaimed before she looked after him, who kept on walking. "I was gonna drink that!"

"Not until you're twenty-one, young lady!" He yelled back.

"We're not on Earth!" Liv yelled.

"I still don't care!" Quill yelled before he walked out onto a balcony.

Liv huffed before she looked back at the table to find Drax hollering in joy. "My Orloni has won, as I win at all things! Now, let's put more of this liquid into our bodies," Drax called out to his new friends.