five

Quill kicked down the glass windows of the watchtower, making sure there weren't any sticking out so the others wouldn't get cut. He jumped down before running over to the huge window, looking for his ship, as the others opened up a truck with their belongings. "Yeah! There it is," Quill said as Liv began to worry, continuing to look for her stuff. "Get my ship. It's the Milano, the orange and blue one over in the corner."

"Uncle Quill," Liv suddenly said, looking up from the trunk to see Quill had swung over in her direction. "I can't find my things."

"They might be in my trunk, come on," Quill said and Liv ran over to him.

"They crumbled my pants up into a ball. That's rude! They folded yours," Rocket whined as Quill grabbed his trunk from a machine.

He opened it up, and just as he thought, Quill and Liv's things were both in there. He handed Liv her clothes, then he grabbed his clothes. He continued to go through the trunk, as Gamora walked up behind them, just when Quill found the Orb in there. "The Orb's there. Let's go!" Gamora ordered.

"Wait, Wait, Wait," Quill said as he searched for his Walkman.

"What?" Gamora asked.

"That bastard didn't put it back," Quill said.

"Put what back?" Gamora asked as Quill gave her the bag containing the Orb.

"Here. Get them to the ship," Quill said but looked back to see Liv was violently searching the trunk still, searching for something. "What is it?"

Liv looked back at him, the very edge of a panic attack. "My necklace. It's gone," she answered.

"Okay, I think it might still be with that bastard," Quill told her. "I will go get it. I will be right back."

"How are you gonna possibly-"

"Just keep the Milano close by," Quill said before looking back at Liv. "You stay with them, I will be back, I promise." He then ran off and Liv sighed nervously.

———

Dressed in his Star-Lord clothes again, and his red futuristic mask on, Quill stepped into a corridor where three guards were. They turned to him, and immediately went to attack, but Quill used one of his blasters to blast one of them. He used it again to blast the second one, he then knocked his blaster one the third one, knocking him out.

As he started to walk down the hallway, another guard came running in, but Quill just blasted him too. "Ah! My neck!" But Quill just shot him again as he walked past him.

———

Meanwhile, the group settled in on the Milano, which was already in space, waiting for Quill. "Well, how's he gonna get to us?" Rocket asked, looking back at Liv, who sat next to Gamora.

"I don't know," Liv answered.

"He declined to share that information," Gamora said.

"Well, screw this, then! I ain't waiting around for some humie with a death wish," Rocket said before he faced the controls again.

"You can't just leave him. He's my Uncle," Liv said.

"Watch me, Princess," Rocket said and Liv huffed. "You got the orb, right?"

"Yes," Gamora said before she looked through the bag that Quill gave her, to find out Orb was missing.

Seeing this, Liv started smiling, realizing they wouldn't go anywhere without Quill now. "Typical Uncle Quill move," Liv muttered to herself happily. But Rocket snapped his attention back at her, to find her smirking.