Chapter 2.

*Skylers Pov* Monday 5th July

It was nine in the morning, I was sat at my desk doing my university assignment. I've had Alex's number sat on my desk since Saturday night, I don't know whether to bin it or save it. I haven't spoken to Megan about the flirting with Alex, not evening bumping into Ariana which I know she'll totally freak out about.

Fuck it! I grabbed the number saving it to my phone, I think id be stupid not to message her. She's my type we get on, yeah she's my boss but who cares? I could find another job so it isn't awkward.

Me:
Hey Alex, it's me Skyler how are you?

Well, that was pathetic... How are you?
Not even two minutes passed and I got a reply.

Alex:
Hey! I didn't think you'd even message me 😂 I'm glad you did 😊 I'm good how about you?

Ok, I'm officially the worst texter in history, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't bother.

Me:
cool! Me too! 😁

Alex:
Are you busy tonight? Want to grab something to eat. I know a cute quiet Italian restaurant by me. X

Me:
I'd love to! 7 pm ok? 😊x

Alex:
It's a date! ❤ x

Well now I definitely have to tell Megan, I don't know what to do. I'm pulled out of my thoughts and phone by my doorbell, I looked through the peephole to see the devil herself, Megan.

I opened the door whilst Megan helped herself in throwing her bag on the couch, putting her jacket on the back of my couch.

"Please! Make yourself at home!" I laughed.

"Don't worry I will!" She winked.

"So I was actually about to text you, and you turned up at the perfect time."

"It's literally our bestie telepathy I'm telling you, just like we're in sync" she spoke grabbing chips from the cupboard and slumping on the couch.

"So... I have a date," I mumbled.

"You what?!" Megan stopped eating and immediately bringing her full attention to me.

"So... I met this girl Alex absolutely gorgeous my type. But she's my boss? So little awkward." I shook my head throwing myself beside Megan.

"Okay! Did you lose your phone and forget to text me or were you mugged" Megan raised her hands shocked.

"Have you got a temperature?" She felt my head.

"It's not that big of a deal! I was going to after she pretty much asked me on a date!" I rolled my eyes removing her hand.

"You've been single forever this is a big deal, is there anything else I've missed or are we good?" She leaned back scrolling on her phone.

"I met Ariana grande at work and sat and chatted with her for a while?" I shrugged.

Megan dropped her phone grabbing my shirt.
"Are you serious?! Shut every door in this apartment!!! You're pulling my leg!" She beamed.

"No, I genuinely met her briefly. She's really nice but was going through something" I laughed prying Megan's hands off of me.

"Did you get her number?! Are you like friends now?!" Megan's eyes were wide-eyed.

"No, and no. More like acquaintances and I didn't know her enough for a phone number? That's just weird." I shook my head laughing.

"I mean ALL this information and you just failed to tell me for literally two days." Megan threw herself back with her hands on her head, just genuinely shocked.