Chapter 9.

*Arianas Pov* Tuesday 13th july

I was having lunch with my mum and brother at a restaurant by us, I enjoyed time with my family but it's so awkward, Frankie knows everything and is still smug about it.

Frankie picked up his mug, smirking as he held it in his hands speaking chirpily.
"So Ari has had a really interesting fun week, haven't you?"

I pressed my lips together with nerves, trying to contain my smile, I can't seem seem suspicious.
"I mean I finally shot my video? I went really well I'll have to show you guys."

Frankie raised his eyebrows, chuckling playfully.
"Yeah, that will be it."

My mother finished chewing her food, she looked confused listening to the both of us.
"What are you two up you? I feel out of the loop."

I took a big mouthful of my drink, my heart was pounding with anxiousness. It wasn't that I was worried what my mom says, it's more that we don't even know where we stand yet.
"Frankie is just winding me up, as per usual its fine. We're only joking."

Frankie quickly spoke up, glancing back and forth between me and mom.
"No! Ariana has been keeping, shall we say socially busy."

I quickly nudged Frankie, giving him the shut the fuck up look. He looked at me smirking playfully, whispering to me.
"It's fine..."

My mom cleared her throat, glancing between both me and Frankie who sat side by side.
"Please don't tell me you're back with pete? He is bad news honey you know that."

I shook my head putting my mug down onto the table, I would never.
"No! I'm not seeing pete again, I've learnt my lesson and never again."

My mom nodded, but tilted her head confused.
"Then what is it? You can tell me."

I glanced at Frankie next to me who nodded smiling like an idiot, then back to my mom who stared at me curiously.
"I'm seeing someone, well seeing where it goes hopefully."

My mom began smiling, she looked relieved.
"Oh Ariana, that's amazing who is this mystery guy?!"

Frankie burst into laughter, as he wiped his mouth.

My mom's eyes furrowed in response.
"What's so funny?"

I shook my head smirking at Frankie, we were literally acting like children again, it was hilarious.
"Well... The mystery women is someone I currently work with, if all goes well you can meet her."

My mom's mouth dropped, but you could see she was happily shocked. Frankie sat smiling like an idiot, I can't believe he made me do that.
"I must say I didn't expect that. But she must be lovely to have you all smitten like this, I would definitely love to meet her."

Frankie quickly spoke up.
"Oh yes, they are both completely smitten!"

I rolled my eyes at the both of them, I know they both will really want to meet sky, they love to make people in my life feel welcome.

My mom held her mug between her hands, smiling over at me sweetly.
"Tell us about her."

I put my cutlery down, leaning against the table as I thought about Skyler.
"She's taller than me, she's got black hair. Her eyes are hazely green, with little specks of blue."

My mother spoke with her hands clasped together, she was in complete awe.
"She sounds beautiful Ariana."

I smiled like an idiot, I knew my mom was not wrong.
"She really is. She's different too, completely different from what you would expect too. She sees the world differently to most people, she only judges from her experiences, not others and just genuinely cares. The only issue is she lives a very complicated life, makes us so difficult..."