Chapter 16

*Skylers POV*

I was honestly shocked that she said yes, I mean I am genuinely glad she did but I'm taken back by it. I want her to feel important tonight, I wanna regain at least a little bit of connection between us.

Ariana smiled as she glided past me, passing me her car keys in the process.
"You're driving."

I don't know why but this new attitude she has was a turn on, there's something about chasing her all over again that gives me those old thrill feeling.

I followed nervous behind her through the corridor between loads of people, you could tell she grew herself a fantastic reputation as everyone she past was telling bye whilst smiling.

I smirked to myself seeing her approach the Range Rover that was indeed hers, as I got in the Range Rover she spoke in a playful tone.
"Are you sure you can drive this?"

I raised my eyebrow eyeing her.
"Of course i can drive this what are you talking about?"

She pointed outside the window at the rental car outside, whilst laughing to herself playfully.
"I mean you aren't parked very straight."

I shook my head laughing along with her.
"And how do you know exactly that's my car?"

Ariana leaned her head back against the headrest giving me her cocky but jokey smile.
"Well, you're the only person I know that would spend extra money for a classic muscle car, two your parking is just terrible, it had to be you."

I leaned slightly towards Ariana resting my hand behind her headrest, grinning at her.
"Why does it feel like I'm gonna regret inviting you out?"

Ariana shrugged, her tone changed the closer I got to her.
"Where are we going?"

She really is mad at me... maybe I should give her space? I felt maybe I'm coming on too strong considering the circumstances.

"I think we should keep our distance Skyler, you have a girlfriend now and I respect other people's space. I don't step on people's toes." She mumbled leaning against her door staring out her window.

Fucking idiot! Of course, I have a girlfriend what am I doing.

I nodded, starting the car driving towards the city.
"Right, I'm sorry."

It was silent for a moment as we followed heavy flow of traffic.
"What is Alex like?" Ariana spoke.

I shrugged keeping my eyes on the road.
"Um, she's friendly? Has banter."

I felt arianas eyes on me, I could tell by her tone she was curious.
"Is that all you can say? You don't have to narrow it down to make me feel better."

We came to stand still, i looked Ariana in the eyes as I spoke sincerely.
"I'm honestly not. I just... I don't know. She's my usual type I go for the flirtatious bad girls, but they never work out. I don't know, this time doesn't feel like it's working this time round."

Ariana laughed awkwardly.
"Basically opposite of me?"

I smiled, she was completely right she was completely opposite to anything I was used to.
"You? Well, you're just completely different. Your confusing, harder to read but in a way it's exciting I wanna stick around to figure you out. I don't have to beg for your affection, you just love it. Your full of banter and sarcasm which was unexpected, you challenge me to keep me on my toes."

Ariana seemed taken back by my comment, she just sat staring at me shocked.
"I didn't know you thought of me that way..."

I smiled like an idiot as I spoke.
"You're sweet and caring, you are considerate of everyone's feelings no matter who they are. There's a bunch of other things I think about you but, I don't think it'll be appropriate."