04

it takes everything in me just to get up each daybut it's wonderful to see that you're okay

just to get up each day
but it's wonderful to see
that you're okay

it takes everything in me just to get up each daybut it's wonderful to see that you're okay

(y/n) ripped herself apart from her warm covers. the thought of living daily life without todoroki devastated her. It's been so long since she had to trudge through the day all alone.

   she ran her fingers across her face before collecting her emotions and preparing for the day.

   she pulled her uniform on and did delicate makeup because she was too tired to do anything else. she wanted to show she was composed without todoroki but, it was more difficult than she thought it would be.

   "goodbye mom," with one hand, she held her bag close to her chest while the other she waved goodbye to her mother delicately.

   "oh! before you leave," she placed a plastic box full of freshly baked cookies. the smell was still warm and chocolaty. "give these to todoroki's mother for me!".

   a sharp stinging feeling stabbed her heart and caused her eyes to water. she turned her face away and hummed, "ok,".

   closing the front door she looked up and hoped todoroki would be standing there, waiting for her even if they weren't together. she shook the illusion out of her head.

   Finally arriving at school, she walks into the classroom to see the dual-haired boy smiling. brightly, matter of fact. and he was smiling at sarah oh.

   her slowly healing heart just shattered all over again. she realized how hard this would be knowing that she had to sit next to him from now on.

   her footsteps sadly walked toward where Denki was sat and she placed her hand on his desk. "yo wassu- what's wrong with you?".

   immediately, he noticed her sunken reddish eyes and her prominent dark under-eye bags. she patted his desk trying to find what to say, "can I -.. can I sit here today, please," she almost begged.

   "uhh sure," he quickly grabbed his stuff and went back to sit in her old spot.

   "hey! what's up? you're sitting up here?" mina inquired from next to her.

   all the girl could do was slowly nod as she rested her head in her arms. mina noticed her saddening demeanor and decided not to press on.

-time skip

   during lunch, she noticed todoroki still talking to the brunette girl. she squeezed her eyes shut as if the image would disappear. he hasn't even looked at her once. it's as if she didn't exist anymore and it broke her heart.