CH.3: OLIVE WOOD, THE HOOD

"OMG! THS PLACE IS AWE-MAZING!" I exclaimed after taking a quick picture that I planned on sending to my Nigerian friends. The flight took decades and I was so exhausted, I needed a long time in the shower.

"How about a bubble bath?" Said Dad when he had read my thoughts through my actions of discomfort and body itching.
The house was humongous and it possessed a painting of white on the outside and my favourite, yellow, on the inside. It possessed jarring designs and magnificent paintings. It was like an itsy-bitsy piece of heaven built on earth.

"Woah," I smiled, covered in goosebumps.

"Welcome to your new home," dad gladly replied, making a welcome gesture with both hands spread out in front of him. He showed me around and showed me to my room, which was like a different apartment entirely; it was like taking a glimpse of heaven. My lips were tightly sealed as I turned to look at dad.

"Okay, you're officially off my blacklist!" I proclaimed and hopped on the furry, bouncy bed in excitement then moved to the sofa.
How my dad managed to fulfill this dream during his brief years in America, I could not explain.

                      ***
Olive Valley was indeed magnificent! I stayed out looking stunningly at all the buildings and people and vehicles. "Wooow," I whisperingly said.

I stood in glee, on the roof of the building, in order to have an explicit view of everything and take more nice pictures.

The colourful streetlights and pleasant sights of nature collaborated with the atmosphere to give me a peaceful feeling.

Suddenly, I heard a cool, calm voice say "hello," and I turned to look and behold, a Prince stood there continuously waving and smiling charmingly. My breath slowly ceased as I struggled to think of the first word that would come out of my mouth but then, my phone dropped and I didn't notice; I didn't even know that I had my phone in my hand, all I was concerned about was knowing where he had popped out from.

"Hello?" He said, still waving at my face to catch my attention.

"Prince... charming..." I blurted out and just immediately, dad walked in.

"Emlyn, meet my daughter," Dad said, expecting me to speak but it was too late, I was already under the eyes spell.

"Olamide!" He called out to me.

"Stephanie!" I repelled with a scowl. "It's Stephanie," I smiled at the lad.

"Emlyn. Nice to meet you," he said with a bright beam on his face and we shook hands. His hands felt so warm and soft that I felt like holding on to it forever as a good luck charm.
As soon as Emlyn got loose of my hand, I asked to be excused by him, then I gripped my dad's wrist and took him away from Emlyn's presence.

"Daddy, who is he?"

"Some kid who helps me walk my dogs everyday for some cash. He is really nice and smart too." Dad responded and exited the place, leaving me with my mouth hung open. Emlyn then caught me off guard and waved to get my attention; we got to properly introduce ourselves.

He took me too see my dad's dogs and I really had fun hanging out with the dogs and him that night. I got to realize that he had a bouncy character and he was chirpy as a cricket. He told amusing and silly jokes. He was as a young buck with green eyes, light golden brown hair and a tall stature; possessing the features of a potential model.

From the little time I spent with him that day, I got to realize that he was a lot caring.

                       ***
My father acquainted the news of my new school to me, that I was to begin my new school the next week and I got even more thrilled! My life was going just perfect!