CH.20: STARDUST

It was night fall, a very cold night. I layed on the sofa, up on the roof of the building, childishly grinning with my phone in hand, video-chatting with Emlyn.

"You know I can't stay mad at you, even though your attitude towards me these past few days has been questionable."

"I'm sorry. Just got a lot of things on my mind."

"Like what?"

"It's difficult to explain. I'll tell you all about it when we meet."

Earlier, I was seated on the sofa in my room feeling sleepy, by 6:00pm when Nicole drove over to pick me up for her slumber party.

My dad never bothered to inquire about sleeping over at a friend's house, a friend he barely knew. He wasn't concerned about what I wore which was unusual—a mini white and pink striped romper, pink flats, makeup, and fixed nails. I bet he didn't know that they were expensive enough to buy the living room furnitures.

On getting to the door, he interrupted, "where do you think you're going dressed like that?... wear a jacket, you'll freeze," and I complied.

Nicole's house was a massive mansion with an iron gate out in front. The sight of the house completely took my breath away!!! I was being a fool when I acted like my father's house was that much of a big deal because it was the first house I encountered  in Olive Valley.
The house had a large pool outside and deck chairs around with fine, colourful, dome-shaped canopies.

The building looked so much like a castle and the roofings were painted blue. It had few places covered in glass that enabled one see the exquisite views of its indoors. The beautiful and lustrious lights on the inside made the view from outside even more perfect.
The balconies also had more mini canopies.

Both sides of the house had stairs that curved to the front like the letter 'C'. Tall palm trees were also in the corners of the house.

The pool was designed with lights and lovely flowers. The pool itself had a very cool and unique shape that allowed it to be surrounded by flowers and rocks.
The house was so wide and long that it made a curve.
There were just too many lights and flowers!

It was like a royal home. I searched my heart for the perfect word to describe this sight but I couldn't.
Perfect! Stainless! Fabulous! Fantastic! Splendid! Transcendent! Breath-taking! Fascinating! Marvelous! Enthralling!!!

When we arrived there, I and the girls prepared to go in while Nicole gave the guards some instruction.

On entering the house, I saw a DJ dropping some beats, servants everywhere, body guards and bouncers at every corner; excess food and drinks, and above all, I set my eyes on the most gorgeous boys.

The party wasn't really a shindig, it was a maximum of twenty-five people who were Nicole's buddies. Some of them were actually the kids of Nicole's father's friends. And few friends she said.

Nicole made a flossy entry like she often did. She was wearing a very skimpy bouffant dress on knee-high boots. She had such large thighs that made any dress she wore even more skimpy; and of course she possessed an exquisite full-figured body which made her look almost nineteen and she was really tall but I was taller.

The boys were all so good looking and rich; I shortly became timorous knowing I was a Nigerian and just an ordinary girl.

"Nicky in the house!" A boy hollered from the stage in the party hall and everyone made some noise.

"I'm not alone. I present to you Stephanie Bakewell," she said and in a nervous state, I waved.

"Yo, you a baker?" A boy asked.