Chapter 63: The King of Hells sweetheart?

Now that Lisa had thought it through, she was no longer conflicted about serving the King of Hell daily. Instead, she was motivated and ate more rice than usual.

Although she didn't have to serve the King of Hell this morning, she still had work to do.

So after she stuffed her stomach with food and drinks, Lisa went back to the Prince's courtyard and began her tasks.

However, since she was Prince Gukk's personal eunuch, she wasn't responsible for any of the hard labour around the area. Everyday, she only had to rub and clean the wooden tables and chairs, do some gardening and sweeping -the light loaded jobs.

After two hours later, Lisa had finished watering all the plants and flowers and wiped all the chairs and tables in the dining room.

The only place she had left to clean was the Study.

The moment Lisa pushed open the carved wooden door, she was caught in an awe.

The Study was huge and had countless amounts of books with all sorts of variety. Lisa was dazzled. The Study was practically a small scaled library!

First, she used the broomstick to swept the entire room. Then, she wrung a towel and wiped every item in the room.

However, since the Study was looked after daily, it was already quite clean. She didn't really have to do much. But Lisa figured since it was still rather early and the King of Hell was still at the Imperial Court, she might as well do something.

So after wiping all the big books and using the feather duster to get rid of all the dust, Lisa only had the desk to tidy.

There was only one desk in the Study. It was obvious that the desk was where the King of Hell would read each day. After all, on the desk was an ink slab with some dried ink in it. The King of Hell was probably writing something last night.

After Lisa was finished, she clapped her hands and was about to leave. She wanted to find a cool area to take a nap. Unexpectedly, just as she turned around, her feet knocked a wicker basket over. All the painting scrolls fell out. Lisa thought she was doomed.

Fortunately, she didn't shatter anything. She could calm down.

"Whew. Fortunately, they were all painting scrolls. If not, even if I get sold, I wouldn't even be able to afford it!"

Lisa held onto her beating heart as she muttered to herself. After all, all the antiques and jade artifacts were priceless. Simply a tiny flower vase was worth at least a couple hundred taels. If she accidentally knocked one over, who knows how many years she will need to work before she could afford a new one!

Thinking of this, Lisa immediately crouched down and put the wicker basket back in place. Then, one by one, she returned the painting scrolls into the basket.

However, as she picked up the last scroll, the painting was a bit spread out and revealed an image. It caught Lisa's eyes and evoked her curiosity.

So, Lisa slowly unfolded the scroll.

The first thing Lisa noticed was a thin waist. Then, a relatively flat chest; lastly the slender neck. Clearly, this painting was a woman in her prime.

Thinking of this, Lisa couldn't help but feel stunned.

"Eh? How come there is a painting of a woman in the King of Hell's Study? Didn't everyone say that the King of Hell doesn't like women? There aren't even any female servants here! Also, when he goes out, he doesn't allow any women to come near him. So why.? Could this woman be his sweetheart?"