Falling

I called Billie Wednesday night and we remained on the phone for hours

I called Billie Wednesday night and we remained on the phone for hours. Thursday morning Tom and I had a breakfast date and a good catch up. Thursday afternoon I had a shift at the cafe, and Thursday night was spent on FaceTime to my Billie. Nothing dramatic, or out of the ordinary happened other than that.

Initially I wasn't excited about the party tonight, but over the course of the last couple of days Ria has got me giddy about letting my hair down for once. Jules offered to bring me home afterward before I even had chance to ask her, so everything was set. I picked Ria up and we came to my house to get ready. We listened to music, we sang, did our hair and makeup, just like old times- except unlike old times my mind always circled back to Billie.

My style had remained the same for a long time, this night I wore black cycling shorts, a branded oversized baggy tee with white Nike socks paired with my white air forces. I always layered chains around my neck when I went out and generally my light brown hair was in a messy bun. My makeup usually remained natural, so that's what I did. I guess you could call me a 'stem'.

__________________________________

iMessage
Billie💚

Hi there gonna miss u but I will call u when I'm home considering a certain someone never sleeps. Be back around 10 pm your time

No rush baby, I saw the pictures on your story u look fire ;)

Thanks;)) I'm missin u

Missin u too angel, now go and have a good time

_______________________________

The taxi beeped it's horn from outside my house, we grabbed our bags and jumped in. The ride there was filled with selfies and laughs. This party was going to be completely opposite to Josh's get together; that was sophisticated, this was a proper party.

As we edged closer to the street music blared, almost shaking the ground, "here's fine thanks," Ria spoke up motioning the driver to come to a stop. We climbed out in our already tipsy states and walked toward Hanna's house, the door was wide open.

Plastic cups covered the floor, sticky bodies brushed past me and the smell of cheap perfume along with cigarette smoke lingered in the air.

"You're here!" Hanna embraced me into a huge hug, we used to be somewhat good friends a few years ago until we drifted apart for no apparent reason.

"I'm here!" I repeated, copying her tone.

Hanna and myself caught up for a moment before she brought me over to her 'drinks station,' I grabbed a vodka lemonade and joined Ria who was talking to some old friends. "And I finally convinced her to come- there she is Reese, come here" she continued as she wrapped an arm around the side of my body.