Ready

Not bothering to change, or wipe away the nights makeup I began to call Billie

Not bothering to change, or wipe away the nights makeup I began to call Billie. It took no more than one ring for her to answer the phone.

Her face was red and puffy, I could tell straight away that she'd been crying. My heart snapped in two, I hated seeing her upset.

"Hey angel." Her voice was quiet as I expected.

"Have you been crying?" Billie just nodded in response. I didn't even know what to say to her, I still didn't want to talk about it, "why?"

Billie quickly wiped a new tear from her cheek with her hoodie sleeve, "I don't know what I've done wrong." She sniffled cutely, I couldn't help but feel awful for ignoring her.

"Can we talk about it in the morning when I'm fully sober?" I just wanted her company. Even if it were true what that girl told me, I wanted to avoid it, just for tonight. Billies watery eyes met mine, "Reese..."

I quickly cut her off. I wasn't in the right state of mind to hear it right now, "Billie, I can't talk about it," a single tear ran down my cheek.

"Reese whatever you think I've done, I wouldn't hurt you," I wanted to believe her so badly, I wanted to trust her.

"I'm sleepy," I ignored her comment as I propped up the phone.

Usually if I stay over Rias house I jump in her bed, but my legs physically wouldn't carry me there. I pulled down the throw that was draped over the back of the sofa and wrapped it around me.

"Goodnight beautiful," Billie whispered as I closed my eyes. "

Goodnight."

The next morning I woke up with a pounding headache, and a dead phone.

"Morning, why did you sleep down here?" Ria asked as she walked through the kitchen door, two glasses of fresh orange and a packet of painkillers. Usually she'd bring out a huge breakfast platter with fresh fruit and home baked croissants but she knew I had breakfast with Tom in an hour.

"I don't know why I'm down here... Mate, I think I called Billie last night," I placed my hand over my forehead, cringing slightly at what I may have said.

"Shit, and you don't remember what was said?" a stifled laugh left her lips, I however, did not find the situation funny.

"Do I fuck..." I laughed a little, "throw me your charger." Ria did as i asked, even plugging my phone in for me.

We drank our juice, and quickly shared what we remembered from last night, which wasn't a lot.

My phone buzzed, indicating that it'd turned on. To say I rushed to unlock it would be an understatement.

____________________________________
iMessage
Billie💚

I think ur phone died, but morning angel, please make sure you have some painkillers and drink lots of water today. Idk what I've done wrong. Idk shit really but I know u will talk to me when ur ready so no rush ok, missin u

I'm going to breakfast with Tom, I'll call u as soon as I'm back

____________________________________

I arrived at the cafe, sunglasses on, hood up. I wasn't looking my best I must admit, but I did manage to wipe most of last nights makeup off and brush my hair before I left Rias.

"Oh no," Jules sighed as she saw the shameful state I was in.

I shook my head in disgust, "oh no indeed."

Jules immediately poured me a glass of water. "What in the world happened to you?"

I didn't want to go into detail, I didn't have the energy to, "I went on a night out, I wish I could tell you what happened to me but I have no clue."

Jules raised her brow at me, handing me two cups of coffee. Like me when Tom comes in, Jules already knew the drink order. It's the same every single breakfast date. I took the both of them and made my way over to mine and toms cosy table in the corner.

Tom arrived five minutes later, before he even sat down he sent me a questioning glare, "hey love, can I ask why you look like that?"

I pushed the glasses that were balancing on the tip of my nose to the top of my head, "I went on a night out." I stated, taking a sip of my coffee.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened to make you go on said night out?" Sometimes I forget how well this man knows me- he knows that I don't do random partying.

"I got a message from a girl saying her and Billie are a thing, I don't know if I believe it. I just needed to ignore it for one night." Toms expression fell blank, it shocked him too I guess.

"Well what did Billie say?" This is the part where he goes all grandad advise on me.

"I haven't actually told her about the message yet."

As expected toms eyes widened, both his hands landed heavily on the table in front of us, "you haven't told her? Communication Reese, communication, "he exaggerated, but I knew he was right.

Throughout the breakfast date Tom and I spoke about Billie and the situation I was in. He gave the best advise, and by the end of the date I felt ready to talk to her.

Finally I arrived back to my house after what felt like forever. It was only a night away, but I am such a homely person. I threw on my pyjamas and closed every curtain. Today was sleepy vibes only.

____________________________________

iMessage
Billie💚

can we call?
Delivered 10:00 am

i guess ur sleeping, call me when ur up
Delivered 10:28am

____________________________________

I only slept a solid four hours last night, my eyes felt heavy and my brain felt fuzzy. Instead of fighting it I allowed myself to nap on the sofa, at least until Billie called.

____________________________________

Author note

Hi! Sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be longer and better. The reads have shot up today:') We're nowhere near the end of this book, there's so many more things to come I can't wait 🥳

Have a good day✌🏼