Do not overthink

It'd been two days since Billie left and I hadn't had a call or text yet

It'd been two days since Billie left and I hadn't had a call or text yet. Luckily, Finneas messaged me late last night to let me know that she'd arrived home safely otherwise I'd be beside myself worried about her well-being. She must be exhausted though, and jet-lagged to fuck. Plus, she hadn't seen her family in a month; I wouldn't go on my phone straight away either.

Ria had been my comfort blanket the last forty-eight hours. I'd stooped to Josh's level and now depended on her for everything. However, she also leaves later on today so I need to pull my shit together and learn to live on my own again.

Josh and Ria had their goodbye meal the same day that Billie and I packed all of her things into her cases. Josh was swamped with work, so unfortunately he couldn't join Ria and I for a final lunch today before she leaves.

"Ok, ready!" Ria announced as she secured a hair-tie around the ends of her french braid.

I rolled my eyes, "finally, I'm starving."

She threw her bag over her shoulder and grabbed her keys from the table, "ok moody, let's go."

We planned to go to our favourite little boho themed restaurant for lunch, I mean it'd be rude to go anywhere else for our last friend-date. Ria was driving. She'd driven us everywhere the last couple of days which I was thankful for because I didn't have the energy for anything. Plus, she wouldn't let me drive even if I wanted to. She never does when I'm feeling shitty.

Half an hour later we were sat on our go-to table, the waitress had already taken our orders and we were sipping on our favourite juices.

"I just had a thought..." suspicion was audible in my voice.

Ria raised one brow in confusion, "go on?.."

"You dropped the I'm gay bomb, and then never spoke about it again. What's with that?" I laughed lightly.

Ria's cheeks flushed red and I immediately felt awful, "I just get all shy when I talk about it."

"Ri, it's me." I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"I know... nothing exciting has happened if that's what you're hinting at" she chuckled, knowing that I wanted details.

Ria is a beautiful girl. I mean, she's literally a model. Not your average model though, she's naturally perfect. She doesn't always have her nails done, and she doesn't wear figure-hugging clothes. Ninety percent of the time she's wearing baggy tracksuits, or oversized tees paired with cycling shorts. Her hair is always messy, unless she has a shoot and she never bothers calorie counting. She even has a decent personality, how she's single I will never know.

"Hmm... whatever you say." I winked.

Our food arrived and thank god because I was starving. "You happy now?" She nudged me with her elbow playfully.