They picked me to love

The weather had gone from clear skies to grey in a matter of weeks

The weather had gone from clear skies to grey in a matter of weeks. I didn't mind though, there was something comforting about it being freezing cold outside whilst you sit by the fire in your pyjamas.

I peeled my body out of bed and threw billies hoodie on. With the temperature dropping, the house was usually in a chilly state when I first woke up so now walking downstairs and turning on the heating was part of my morning routine.

"And so it begins..." I spoke to myself as I picked up the small piles of cards that'd been posted through my front door. Every year the week leading to my birthday I get sent cards, and flowers. I was grateful for it of course, it was just a sad task to do alone.

I sat down on the sofa and began opening them one by one. The first being a card from Rias family, the few that moved over to France.
___________________________________
Happy birthday Reese!

Hope you have a wonderful day, sending all our love!

Wendy, Phil and the kids x

___________________________________

I placed the card on my fireplace carefully and moved onto the next, this one a little bigger. The card was ocean themed, with the number twenty printed on the front.

___________________________________

Happy birthday Reese!

I miss you so much already, it's only been like a month. We should meet up soon, I can't wait another five months.

I hope you're doing good, although we don't text I think about you all the time and hope you keep what I told you in mind. It's only an ocean or two.

Lots of love, cuddles and glasses of famous juice,

Rose <3

___________________________________

My heart warmed at that one, i made a mental note to send rose a text before moving onto the next. This one was personalised, pictures of me and the family as a young child scattered the front page.

___________________________________

Happy twentieth birthday to our niece!

Your mum and dad would be so proud of the young lady you've grown into, just like we are.

It was great to see you the other week, I hope when you're ready you make a trip down for a Sunday dinner!

Have the best day Reese, we're sending you all our love, and we miss you lots!

Love jared, Elaine and the kids xx