This is it

"Bil, I found it!" I yelled downstairs as I proudly held up a t-shirt of hers we'd been looking for

Seconds later she breathlessly returned to my bedroom, "thanks angel."

"That's it, all done," I zipped up her case and dusted my hands in a satisfied manner.

Billie wheeled her luggage to the corner of my room then placed her carry on neatly at the side, "shit feels real now."

I huffed as I fell back onto my bed, "sure does."

We'd spent the whole day packing up her things. I washed most of them so she didn't have to when she finally arrived home. There's nothing worse than being exhausted from travelling and realising that you have a shit tonne of laundry to do.

"Taxi is booked for three am." She announced as she flopped down next to me.

I shoved her shoulder playfully, "cancel it you idiot, I'll drive you."

"Angel, it's three in the morning. I know you like your sleep," she laughed.

"I like you more."

Billie turned to face me, "cutie."

At this point it was late as fuck. Midnight to be exact. We were still in our comfy clothes that we'd lounged around in all day and we had no plans to change. Rather than going to sleep we decided to just stay up, I'd slept enough the night before anyway and we only had three hours left of each others company.

I rolled over to look at her, "the next time I fall asleep in this bed, you won't be here..."

"Come cuddle," she fell onto her back and opened her arms.

I quickly shuffled closer to her and collapsed into her, "and the next time I wake up..."

Billie cut me off, "let's not think about that right now pretty. Let's just be in this moment, it's literally all we have."

As I lay there on her chest, hearing the beat of her heart and feeling the warmth of her breath I felt completely protected. Being in your persons arms gives you the strongest feeling of security, I'm convinced there's no safer feeling in the whole world.

If I could pause time at any moment, I would've chosen that one. I would've froze myself in her arms, and never let her go.

Unfortunately though, time doesn't stop for anyone. The clock will continue to tick no matter what. So instead, we captured that moment, we held it for hours until it was finally time to let go.

"Ok..." I stood tall and held my hand out to help her up, "let's get these bags in the car."

Billie accepted my hand, "ok..."

We picked up her luggage and made our way downstairs, Billie waved bye to my parents photos as she passed them. She didn't know that I saw her, but I did.