Chapter 5

Author's Note:

Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this chapter is a little shorter that my other ones. But I wanted to build up to the training scenes you'll see later. With all that said, I really hope you enjoy this chapter!

—XSummerRoseX

I wondered into the night for a few minutes taking a view of my surroundings. There wasn't anyone that I could see. As I continued the walk, I suddenly found a small shop near the alleyway. I took Roman's note from my pocket to check the coordinates. This was the place.

As I walked up closer to the building, I noticed that it looked quite old. Like no one had lived there in years. The outside panting had been worn down and discolored. I read the sign that was hanging just about the door:

'Welcome to Fix It Up! We specialize in weapons, both fixing and creating.'

I started at the sign for a few minutes before walking inside.
I was met by a fairly muscular man. He was tanned and had messy brown hair.

"Welcome," he greeted me. "Are you here to fix up a weapon?"

I shook my head. "No, sir. I had heard you were very clever when forging them. And I need to make some weapons for my collages. Think you can handle that?"

"Sure. I can pretty much make whatever you ask for. If you have the money that is."

I smiled. "My colleague had already paid you I believe. Does Roman Torchwick sound familiar to you?"

I watched as his eyes widened in realization.

Oh! Yeah that's right. He paid me quite a good price, so I couldn't say no. What would you like forged today?"

Well I have these," I said, holding up Neo's sword and parasol.

He looked me, a little confused. "A parasol? What do you want me to do with that?"

"It's quite simple actually," I told him. "I just want you to design it where the sword it concealed and that it can still be used for combat."

He nodded, taking both the sword and the parasol.

"Anything else?" he asked me.

I brought out the cane Roman had stolen.

"I gat this cane here," I explained. "I'd like you to make it a gun that can use both regular ammo and dust bullets. And maybe add a grappling hook near the handle. That might come in handy."

The man looked over the weapons for a moment before looking at me.

"This is going to take some time," he said. "It'll be a few days before—"

I leaned closer to him. Looking into his dark eyes with my own.

"Sir, I don't have time," I snapped. "I'm on a tight schedule at the moment. And I need these weapons made. You can get it done within tomorrow, right? Roman didn't pay all that Lien for nothing.

He sighed picking up Neo's parasol and her sword. "Guess you're not wrong. I'll have these ready by tomorrow afternoon. Is that reasonable?"

I smiled. "That works out perfectly. It was a pleasure meeting you, sir."

I walked out of the shop and made my way back to the house. When I walked inside, everything was peaceful. There was hardly any noise. Neo was still sleeping on the couch.

I looked around a little and found Roman sleeping as well. His head was face down on the kitchen table where he had been watching the building.

I kicked the chair hard, causing him to nearly jump out of it in fright.

"What the—"

The Roman looked over to me. His face looked a little annoyed.

"Really Cinder?! Did you have to kick the chair like that? I was nearly knocked to the ground!" he snapped.

I glared back at him. "And I thought I told you to continue to monitor the building to find any weak spots! And here you are sleeping!"

"I got tired!" Roman whined.

I grabbed his scroll and set it to hologram mode, when gave us more detail about the building.

"Maybe a 3D model would work better for you," I said. "Your weapon will be finished by tomorrow. Then I'll start training you both. Until then, you are to remain here looking over this facility. If you find anything of interest, please let me know right away."

Roman rubbed his eyes and nodded. "Yeah. No problem."

I left the kitchen area and went to where Neo was sleeping. She looked quite petite when laying on that fairly large couch.

"Neo?"

Neo opened her eyes slowly. Once she noticed I was there, she instantly stood to her feet.

"Don't worry, you aren't in trouble," I said. "I was wondering if you'd keep an eye on Roman tonight. I can't have him falling asleep again. Could you do that for me?"

Neo nodded and walked off to the kitchen area. I could hear Roman's voice from the kitchen, but I barely paid any mind. I felt drained and needed to get all the rest I could. I said nothing as I walked up the the second story of the house and found the nearest room. I laid on the bed and closed my eyes ...and then the world went black.