Chapter 16

Training went well for the past several weeks. During that time, I had ordered some uniforms from Haven Academy. I figured it would be easier to get into the school as a team that way.

I got the package today and carried it into the living room, sitting it on the table.

"What's that, Cinder?" Emerald asked.

"Our uniforms," I said. "Instead of posing as students of Beacon Academy, I figured it would be much easier to get into the school as another team from another kingdom."

"Not a bad idea," Mercury said.

I opened the box and saw four uniforms inside. Three came with matching grey and black skirts along with a matching top, while the other had a pair of slacks.

I passed the uniforms around.

"Try these on," I told them. "I need to be sure that they fit you all."

I watch as Emerald, Mercury, and Neo went into their own private room and changed. After a few minutes they all came from their rooms.

"Wow! The uniforms look and fit great!" Emerald said.

"Mine seems to fit well, too," Mercury said. "It even hides my prosthetic legs."

I saw Neo smile and nod in approval.

" I'm glad they fit well," I said. "Classes will be back in session tomorrow. So I suggest we leave by tonight. Think you can find us some transportation, Watts?"

Watts turned to me and nodded. "Of course. Shouldn't be too complicated."

"Good. It's getting dark anyway. So I suggest you find one now. We don't have much time."

I saw Watts typing on his scroll a bit before looking over to me.
"Transportation is taken care of. It should arrive in an hour."

I nodded. "Excellent. We'll get some rest until then."

The hour passed by quickly. I soon heard the sound of an airship nearby.

"I'm assuming that's for us?" Emerald asked.

I nodded. "Yes. Does everyone have their weapons?"

Neo nodded, holding her parasol.

"I do," Emerald said, strapping her weapons to her skirt.

Mercury smirked. "My weapons are hidden. No one should see."

"Then let's get going," I said, heading outside towards the airship.

"You must be the ones heading to Beacon. Is that right?" the pilot asked.

"Yes," I told him. "We're students from another kingdom, and we can't wait to explore the school. I heard that the Vytal Festival is supposed to be held there as well."

The pilot nodded. "Alright then. Get in and I'll have you there in no time."

Emerald was right behind me. Neo as well. Mercury and Roman joined us a few minutes later, along with Watts.

"Is this everyone?" the pilot asked.

I nodded and smiled. "Yes."

The pilot said nothing else as the airship took off. Soon enough, we were close to the academy when I saw that girl with the red cloak again. It looked like she was fighting with a few people with a red scythe. I grinned and opened the door.

"Hey!" What do you think you're doing?!" The pilot asked.

"Just do your job," I snapped.

I watched her closely. She moved quite fast and there was another woman assisting her. She had blonde hair and green eyes. My memory of her was clear. It was Glynda Goodwitch herself.