Chapter 10

I  awoke the next morning staring at a young girl. Her hair was black, with curly pigtails. Her eyes were green like emeralds. And she wore a mischievous smile.

But through my left eye, I could see through the disguise. It was Neo. Her brown and pink eyes were peering down at me.

"Neo?" I asked groggily. "Why are you disguised?"

"I think Neo was testing your new eye," I heard a voice say from nearby.

I turned my head slightly to see Roman at the entrance to my room.

"I see," I said, "Neo, you can change back now. You're semblance is an interesting one. But... we'll need to find someone who can cause multiple hallucinations."

I turned to Roman. "Say... you're seem pretty familiar with things like this. You think you can find anyone?"

Roman shrugged and replied, "I can try. But we'll have to leave the Atlas. There's hardly no crime here. I think we should head to Vale first. We might find something there."

I nodded. "Good. I'll contact Watts and tell him our plans. As for you two, we're going to need more money. Think you can break into a bank and steal some?"

Roman grinned. "Stealing is my specialty. I'll have the money. Was there a specific amount you want?"

"Hm... around one hundred thousand should be enough. I'd recommend breaking in at night, that way—"

"Cinder, I'm a criminal. I've been at this for years. I can rob a bank with no problem. And if there is an issue... then they'll have to deal with this," Roman said, running his hand down his cane.

I smiled. "Excellent. I'll contact Watts today. And when the time is right, I'll have you and Neo break into the bank. Neo will be a great help to you, especially since she can disguise herself."

Roman nodded. "Sounds like a plan, boss. I'll start looking for weak spots at the closest bank today, and hopefully find some by tonight."

"Sounds like a solid plan. Now, if you'd excuse me, I have a call to make."

Neo and Roman left the room as I dialed Watt's scroll. He picked up after a few rings.

"Yes, Cinder?" he asked.

"Hello Arthur," I greeted him. "I'm afraid I'll need to leave Atlas. I need to gather more allies for my cause. And I'm thinking about starting with the Kingdom of Vale. Do you think you could provide some transportation for us?"

There was silence for a few seconds. "Yes, I can do that for you. When do you plan on leaving?"

"Tomorrow, if things goes correctly," I replied.

"I'll have an airship come and take you to Vale around the afternoon. Is that acceptable for you?" he asked.

"Yes, of course. Thank you for your assistance. I would ask for you to come with us... but I know you have other obligations."

I heard Watts sigh on the other line. "Don't even get me started. I'm having somewhat of a feud with another Atlesian scientist. And only one of us can be the head of engineering and medical assistance. And I think I'm the perfect match. But I don't believe that General Ironwood agrees..."

"Well, if things don't end up working out in Atlas, then you're welcome to join my group. We'll need your expertise greatly."

"I think I'll consider that," he said. "Well, I have a few appointments to get to. We'll talk soon, Cinder. Please contact me once you've reached Vale."

"No problem. I appreciate your assistance, doctor," I said, ending the call.

I walked out often room and saw Roman looking at s hologram of a nearby bank. I walked closer to see more details about the building.

"Found anything yet?" I asked.

"I found a few. But it looks like it pretty well guarded. I don't think Neo and I can handle them all at once. Do you think you could give us and hand?" he suggested.

I nodded and said, "Of course. Those guards won't stand a chance against the three of us.
Plus... I can wield magic."

Roman smiled. "Exactly. When do you think we should head out?"

"Later tonight. Conserve your energy for fighting. Until then, feel free to relax. And if you find any easier weak spots, Roman, I'd love to hear it. We'll head out by midnight. Until then, I think I'll head to my room."

I walked back to my room and closed the door. As I laid down on my bed my eyes closed. And as I drifted away, I began to dream...

I saw a man with dark spiked hair and ruby red eyes, next to him was a women, she looked really similar. With the same bright red eyes and spiked long hair. And the last person I saw was a fairly built man. His golden blonde hair shined in the sunlight. They all looked familiar to me... but I could put my finger on it. Did I know them? Do they know me? And then I heard the man with the dark hair speak...

"I'm heading back to the Branwen Tribe," I heard him say. "Someone needs to lead it now. You're too busy looking after the girls. But I'll do my best to keep in touch."

And right before my eyes, he turned into a corvid and flew off towards the East.

"Be safe, Qrow," I heard the dark haired woman whisper.

And then my dream suddenly stopped and my eyes sudden opened. I gasped and sat strait up.

"Branwen...Tribe. That sound so familiar. But where have I heard about it?" I asked myself, keeping my voice low.

It was then I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey Cinder," I heard Roman say, "I found another weak spot near that bank. There's going to be less guards. But they won't let us break in without a fight. It's getting close to midnight. Are you ready to go?"

I spent a few minutes trying to compose myself.

"Y-Yeah," I responded. "I'll be right out."

...Qrow Branwen... I know I knew that name.

I shook the memory away and met Roman outside my room.

"Okay, let's get this started," I told him. "Where is the closest bank?"

"Really close actually," Roman said. "We'll get there in about five minutes or so."

I smiled. "Good. Let's go, then."

Roman looked at me closely.
"Are you sure you're up for this? You seem a bit... off tonight."

I shook my head. "No, I'm fine. Just an odd dream. Nothing to worry about. Let's go."

I head towards the front door with Roman and Neo walking straight behind me.

"I hope this is successful," I said, as I walked into the cool air.

"Believe me, I'm hoping that too," Roman said. "Now, let's break into this bank and get some Lien. And maybe kick some ass while we're there."

I chuckled. "I like you, Roman. You're very clever. I'll let you lead the way."

Roman grinned as he walked up the the front doors. They were locked due to the building being closed.

"Great. It's one of those finger scanners," I growled. "Now what?!"

Roman smiled as he smashed the lock with his fist. The lock was completely destroyed and the doors clicked open.

"See? Told you I knew what I was doing," he said grinning. "Now let's see if we can get that Lien..."