Chapter 20

Hey everyone! This will be my last chapter for this book. I'm sorry if it was a bit shorter than usual. But I wanted to do somewhat of a prequel to my RWBY rewrite series. With all that being said, I hope you all enjoy this last chapter! I'm also thinking about writing a story about Adam Taurus, so keep your eyes open for that! Thanks again for the support! Here is the final chapter of Burning Rose!

—XSummerRoseX

"I'm assuming that this is the Tyrian guy?" Roman asked, looking at Tyrian closely.

I nodded. "Yes. I think I have enough associates to go through with my plan. Now we just need to get out of here..."

"Already taken care of," I heard Watts say behind Roman. "It should be here within the hour."

I walked into the house with Tyrian and Roman following behind me.

"So, do you have any idea where to go?" Mercury asked me.

I smiled. "We're heading towards the Land of Darkness. It's also known as Evernight. No one would dare to travel there. It's a hostile environment with nothing but darkness and Grimm. But if we want to stay hidden, it's the best and frankly, the only place for us to hide. I can get us there by airship once it arrives."

Everyone nodded, but didn't say anything as the sound of an airship was heard over the house.

"I'm assuming that's for us?" Emerald asked.

"Indeed," Watts said. "The pilot thinks we're headed to Vacuo. But unfortunately that won't be the case. Cinder, you might have to take care of... this issue."

I nodded and went outside to see the airship land several feet in front of me. I walked up to the pilot's side of the aircraft and greeted the pilot.

"You're taking us to Vacuo, right?" I asked, as the window slowly opened.

The pilot nodded. "That's what you guys wanted, right?"

I smiled cruelly. "Actually... I have other plans. Tyrian, care to give me a hand?"

I heard a laud laugh behind me as Tyrian ran past me and used his foot to break the glass. Before the pilot could speak, I saw Tyrian slice his throat with his stinger. There was blood gushing from the wound, as well as a purple fluid.

I dragged his body from the pilot seat and tossed him onto the ground. I quickly got into his seat while Tyrian climbed into the back. Roman and the others weren't far behind and quickly got in too.

"Mind if I be the copilot?" Roman asked, taking his place in the seat next to mine.

I sighed. "Sure. Let's get out of here."

As the airship began to take off, Emerald spoke up.

"Um... if there's Grimm everywhere, wouldn't that be a bit too dangerous? I don't mind traveling. But this seems a bit too intense..."

"You and Mercury fight very well, especially if you team up. You should be able to fight off the Grimm easily if you have to," I told her.

As the airship continued to fly west, the sky was starting to turn a dark red.

"Is this the place?" Roman asked.

"Yes," I said, landing the ship near the ruined castle Salem had once occupied. It looked damaged, beyond repair...

"You're kidding," Mercury said. "I'm not living in a ruined castle."

I glared at him. "Don't worry. I think I know how to help."