Chapter 18

"Hey!" Mercury yelled as he ran after me. "Why'd you run off like that after the ceremony?"

I glared at him. "I was bored. I want to go to the house and get some rest."

We walked back to the house in science. Once we got there, Roman was the first to greet us.

"Welcome back," he said. "How'd everything go?"

"Fine. I actually need a favor from you, if you don't mind," I told him.

Roman stepped aside to let us in. After he closed the door, he turned to look at me.

"What favor do you need this time?"

I smiled. "I was hoping you could find someone for me. There's a man I remember. A Faunus actually. His name was Tyrian Callows. If you can find his location for me, I'll pay you."

Roman looked curious. "How much?"

"If I can work things out, I could probably get you ten thousand Lien from a nearby bank."

Roman grinned. "Sounds good to me. Oh, and before I forget, Adam would like to speak with you."

"Me? What for?" I asked.

"He said he wanted to meet with my boss," he replied. "I told him a bit about you. And now he wants to see you in person."

I nodded. "I can handle that. I'll speak with him while you try to find Tyrian. I should be back later today."

"Adam's group is located not too far from the school. They hold meetings for others who might want to join," Roman said. "The location is in the back alley. There's a door there where all the White Fang members go to meet up. You should find it rather easily."

"Alright then. I'll be on my way."

I said nothing else as I walked out the door and into the nearest alley. Despite the sun shining, this place was dim. I eventually saw a metal door that was being guarded by a few Faunus.

"You can't be here," one of them said to me. "This is for Faunus only!"

I smiled. "Actually, I'm here for Adam Taurus. I've heard he's wanting to meet with me."

"Stop lying you filthy human! I'll shoot if you—"

He was cut short by the metal door opening. I saw a man in his early to mid twenties. He wore a mask over his eyes and there were horns on his head, similar to a bull.

"Don't shoot," he snapped. "I'm guessing you're the boss of that Roman guy that came here earlier?"

"Yes," I said. "He said you wanted to speak with me."

He gestured me to follow him inside. I saw many Faunus giving me angry looks.

"So," Adam said, "Roman had given us enough dust and Lien to get things started. We plan to attack Beacon."

"Might I ask why?"

"Because I need to retrieve something there. Someone who is very special to me. And if it takes causing some chaos at the academy to it, then I will."

"I would be happy to help you," I told him.

He scoffed. "And how do you plan on doing that?"

I summing some fire on my palm.
"I can wield magic. And I can retrieve whatever you desire, Adam. I'm powerful enough to do so."

Adam slowly drew out his sword.
"Prove it," he said.

He rushed at me and tried to slice my arm. I dodged his attack and hit him hard with ice. He growled in frustration and broke free quickly.

"You haven't shown me you're strong enough," he snapped.

"Alright then. Maybe this will."

I sent a strong gust of wind that made Adam fly into the wall. Some other Faunus impacted the wall too. The wind was so strong that it made Adam stay in place.

"What...what is this?! Who are you?!"

I let the wind die down and Adam landed on his feet.

"My name is Cinder Fall," I told him. "And if it's destruction you want at Beacon. I can make it happen."

Adam panted, trying to catch his breath.
"Fine... you can join our cause. We plan on attacking Beacon during the Vytal Festival. That's when it'll be most vulnerable."

I smiled. "Thank you for letting me assist you, Adam. I look forward to meeting you again."

With that, I walked out of the building and back to the house. Emerald greeted me before I could get near the door.

"Cinder! I'm glad your back safe!" she said.

"Yes. I'm fine," I told her as I walked into the house.

I saw Roman looking at his computer closely. I tapped his shoulder and he nearly jumped out of his skin.

"Cinder?! Don't do that! You nearly scared me half to death!"

"Did you find Tyrian's location?" I asked.

"Kinda... he's located at an asylum in Vale. But I can't seem to pinpoint the coordinates."

I glared at him. "Well keep trying. He's going to be extremely useful. He is a scorpion Faunus after all."

Mercury sat up. "Wait. So he can poison people?"

I nodded. "Yes. That's why I want him to join us. I'm already allied with Adam. If we get Tyrian to join, then our faction will be complete."

"Cool," Mercury said. "As long as I get to kick some ass I'm all in."

"I owe you my life, Cinder," Emerald said to me. "I promise to assist you in any way I can."

"I just want justice for my sister," Hazel told me.

"As long as I get paid, then I'll do whatever you want," I heard Roman say.

Neo nodded and smiled at me. Then she sneaked over to where Roman was and poked him in the shoulder with her parasol.

"Ouch! How many times do I have to ask you not to do that?!"

Neo giggled a little. Mercury and Emerald laughed too.

"Have you seen Watts?" I asked. "He's nowhere to be found in here."

"He went somewhere to make some sort of virus. I'm not sure what it's for," Roman asked.

I sighed. "I guess I'll have to ask about that later. Continue to look for those coordinates, Roman."

Roman nodded, and turned back to face his computer.

"I'll get your money by tonight. Does that sound acceptable to you?"

He nodded. "As long as I get the Lien, I don't care."

I smiled. "Good. I'll rest here until dusk. All of you better behave."