Chapter 19

Author's Note:
Hey everyone! I'm really sorry for not getting this out to you all sooner. Had a bit of writer's block, but I think I'm good now. Hope you all enjoy the chapter! And as always, I appreciate the support!

"Hey, Cinder!"

My eyes blinked and opened slowly. I saw Roman standing in front of me.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"I found those coordinates you wanted. Just thought I'd let you know. And it's nearly dusk. I need my Lien."

I groaned and sat up in bed. The sun from my window was starting  to go down.

"I'll stop by the bank first to get your Lien. Once I get back I want those coordinates. Understand?" I asked.

He nodded. "Sure thing."

I got out of bed and walked into the living room. Emerald and Mercury were talking to one another on the couch. Watts had come back and was searching something on the computer. Hazel was standing in the back, away from everyone. While Neo walked up to us and smiled.

"Hello, Neo," I said. "Do you have something to tell us?"

She just giggled and jabbed Roman in his side with her parasol.

"Ouch! Why do you keep doing that? It's getting annoying!"

Neo giggled again before she took Roman's hat off his head. She waved it in front of him, like she was taunting him. Roman tired to grab the hat back, but Neo moved away from his reach quite fast.

"Hey! Give that back!" he said, following her through the house.

I sighed. "I'm going to run an errand. I'll return soon."

I left the house quickly and went to the nearest library. I needed to use one of their computers in order to hack into the bank and get my Lien.

I walked to the library that was a few blocks away from the house and walking inside quietly. I didn't speak to anyone as I made my way to the computer room. I sat down in front of a computer and worked on getting past the bank's security system.

After a few hours of tinkering, I finally managed to get past it. I quickly transferred about one hundred thousand Lien to my account before logging out and quickly leaving the library.

I nearly ran to the bank as soon as I left. I still remained quiet as I walked inside. The ATM machine was being used by someone else. So I remained quiet and waited for them to finish up.

As soon as they started to leave, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse me, ma'am," a voice said behind me.

I turned around to see a police officer.

"Yes?" I said.

"We've been getting reports about banks being robbed for hundreds of thousands of Lien. We think we've found a lead, but we're not too sure. So that's why we're asking around. Do you know anything?"

I shook my head and replied, "I'm afraid not. I just got here a few months ago."

The officer looked at me for a moment before thanking me and leaving the building.

As soon as he was out of sight, I quickly went to the ATM and withdrew the cash and left for the house. Roman was waiting for me once I walked inside.

"Nice job on hacking into that bank," he told me.

I rolled my eyes. "I think some people are catching on to what I'm doing. I had an officer ask me about some bank robberies. It probably won't be long until they figure out it was me. So we'll need to leave this place soon. Now... how about you show me those coordinates you have, Roman."

Roman nodded and grabbed his scroll off the counter. He opened it up and typed in something.

"There. I sent them to your scroll," he said.

I handed ten thousand Lien and took a look at my scroll. The coordinates were somewhat far, but I could get there by flight and arrive there later tonight.

"Thank you, Roman," I said. "I have more Lien here. I think you deserve it for getting those coordinates for me."

I gave him the rest of Lien and watched as his eyes lit up.

"Nice! Thanks, Cinder!"

I nodded. "It's no problem. Though we'll need to leave Vale in the next few days. We don't want any feds to know about our hacking. And they seem to be getting suspicious."

"I'll have an airship ready by then," I heard Watts say. "Shouldn't be too hard."

"Good," I said, smiling. "I'll be back in just a little while. Hopefully with a new associate to join us. None of you better get in trouble."

I didn't say another word as I left the house. I found an abandoned alley where no one could see me as I started to fly towards the asylum Roman had told me about.

I reached it once the sun had gone down. I landed nearby and walked up to one of the windows and peered in. Most of the rooms were either empty, or had the lights off so you couldn't see inside.

I then heard the sound of something breaking. I turned to the source of the sound and saw a man running from a broken window. There were two security guards chasing him, holding what looked like tasers in thier hands.

The man didn't get too far after he got tased. He fell to the ground, and I got a glimpse of what looked like a tail. A scorpion tail.

I quickly made my way over to them with flight and looked down at the security guards.

"I think you've done enough," I told them. "I'll take it from here."

They refused to move and proceeded to handcuff Tyrian.

"Ugh! Get me out of these, you filthy human!"

Tyrian bit one of the guards hands and they cried out, letting go of the cuffs, and Tyrian got free almost instantly.

"If you aren't going to listen, I guess I have to take care of you guys too," I said at the two security guards.

I quickly frozen them in place with ice, before using my wind magic to fling them away.

"How did you do that?" Tyrian asked.

"Magic," I told him. "How about we get you out of here? An asylum can't be that fun."

"I'd be happy to accompany you, after all, you've saved me from being stuck in that place for my entire life. I owe you... my Queen."

I smiled. I liked the sound of that.
"Good. Let's go meet your new associates."

I wrapped my arm around Tyrian before taking flight back to the house.