14. useless wishes

chapter fourteen, useless wishes

chapter fourteen,
useless wishes

Talulla slept soundly in the hospital room

Talulla slept soundly in the hospital room. Low sounds of continuous beeping and small conversations being made in the other rooms and hallways. Her chest rising up and down rhythmically.

Next to her, Stiles stirred, slowly opening his eyes only to be met with an empty bed to the right of him. He panicked slightly before getting up and stepping out of the room. His feet carrying him away from the hospital room and out to fins his father.

A fair amount of time passes before Talulla herself wakes up. She's not startled by the emptiness of the room, being comforted by the thought of Stiles and his father being together. Swiping a hand down her face as an attempt to wipe away the grogginess, she steps up from the chair and stretches her body upwards. A low growl emits from her stomach as she drops her arms back down to her sides, hunger from within screaming at her to go eat something.

Talulla steps out of the room quietly, heading to the vacant elevator. The silence encompassing her as she stands with her arms crossed, her breathing the only sound she can hear at the moment. The small ding echos and bounces off the metal walls, a signal telling her that she's reached her destination.

Stepping out with her right foot first, Talulla sets off towards the cafeteria. She hopes to find some sort of food that can satiate her morning hunger. The cafeteria menu stands in front of her on a tall banner, showcasing different breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. With how late into the night it is, the time shows that for now she's able to choose anything from the breakfast time slot. There's not too many options for her to choose from, so she decides to go for the easy one, pancakes.